Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 23, 2016

A Very Nice Tuesday
February 23, 2016

Another photo from Saturday at the island.

This was another very good day.  I was up earlier than I had been in recent weeks.  After getting my breakfast, I got my shower and prepared to go to the office, and arrived at a good time.  Ron said he had been very busy yesterday after I left and I think he was a little busy this morning before I arrived. 

I spent the morning on business paper work.  I helped with customers when Ron got busy.  He went out on some errands and a job and it was quiet most of the time he was gone.  Our schedule this week will be different due to Charro Days.  The three Charro Days' parades form at our corner with bands and walking units along with some floats, coming out of the stadium, and down our side street.  Meanwhile most floats line up on both sides of the street in front of the office.  Then the parade is put together at the corner.  We can't get in and out and neither can our customers.  We have found it easiest to just close for those three days.  So that is our plan.

Late in the afternoon I started paying some bills, but didn't finish so I will need to take care of that in the morning.  When we closed, we went to meet our friends for supper.  We are avoiding Charro Days.  We had a good supper together.  I used the Cochlear Mini Mic and it did work pretty well. 

We got home about 7:00 and I must say, the traffic is crazy!  I saw two near accidents on the way home.  Both times people were changing lanes without looking and nearly ran into another car.  The week of Charro Days just seems to bring out that type of behavior; people hurrying to parties, and events, and having trouble finding parking places.  I was glad to be in my little house all safe and sound.
Black-necked Stilt
Speaking of sound, did any of you read the article in the paper a day or two ago about the astronauts hearing music while they were on the back side of the moon on Apollo 10, 40 years ago?  They kept it secret for 40 years.  I don't know why, but it made me wonder if it was anything like the music in my head since they were out of communication with NASA at the time and things were quiet.  They could communicate with each other and they talked about if they should tell NASA or not.  I just found it interesting.
 Little blue Heron

No comments:

Post a Comment