Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 17 & 18, 2016

Two Similar Days
February 17 & 18, 2016



Miniature pink rose
 
Both Wednesday and Thursday, I didn't make it to work until almost 11:00.  I just get later and later.  The boss still won't fire me!  Today Ron woke me at 8:15, I turned over and went back to sleep until 9:00.  Yesterday I spent some time in the yard before going to the office, but not today.  I also spent some time in the yard yesterday after I got home. 

We were not real busy either day, but Ron had some desk work to keep him busy.  I paid bills yesterday and took care of some of the paperwork for the day.  I prepared a deposit and took it to the bank yesterday afternoon.

Late in the morning, I went by to talk to my mom.  I had seen online, that a good friend of ours had passed away and although we all knew it was coming, it was sad.  I went to be sure Mom had seen the news; she had not.  We talked a little about the man and his family and we knew the last few months had been very hard for him.  He loved the Lord and took time to tell others how they could know for sure they were going to Heaven when they died.  Gary Adams will be missed.

Back at the office, I had enough to keep me busy.  I went through a stack of flyers and sale catalogs and got rid of a bunch.  Those things stack up so quickly.  Today I packed a couple of boxes to mail out and left the office a little early to get them to the post office.

Last night Ron stayed late working on taxes and I came home, fixed supper and then worked in the yard while it cooked.  Tonight we met friends for supper. 

Tuesday night I had spent time working on machine quilting that Flip-Flop quilt and have spent some time each of the last two days doing a little more on it.  It is coming along nicely and I am glad it is almost finished.  Sadly, it has been 8 to 10 years since I started it.
The ivy is taking over!
 
Tonight at supper I tried the Cochlear mini mic but again it cut in and out some.  I may need to write to the company and see what to do.

There is a story about that rose at the top and bottom of the page.  I had picked it a couple of days ago and 4 or 5 petals were open, but the rest of it was a very tight bud that looked like it was not going to open.  I decided I had nothing to lose, so I peeled off the next layer of petals and over the next 30 minutes, the rose opened into a beautiful, full bloom.  I wished I had a camera to take timed photos while it opened.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about Gary but now he is healed.i messaged becky on fb.

    ReplyDelete