Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 16, 2016

A Day Off!
February 16, 2016

A foggy morning

Since my car was still with the mechanic, last night my husband asked me if I wanted to go to work early and take him to work, or did I want to drive him to work and take the day off?  Decisions, decisions!  After a bit, I told him if he was serious, I wanted the day off.  He said he was serious.

Ron woke me this morning and eventually I managed to drag myself out of bed after a bad night of tossing and turning with acid reflux.  I had fallen asleep in the recliner and woke at 2:00 a.m. and tried the bed, but in about 10 minutes I was back in the recliner.  Taking him to work was a foggy challenge.  I understand the fog was much thicker in some parts of town, but thick enough in our part to mean you really had to pay attention driving.

After taking Ron to work, I went by Walgreen's to get milk, ice, and bread.  Once I got home I spent a while in the back yard filling ponds and birdbaths.  The feeders were still full from the previous day.  I wanted to try getting some photos of spider webs with the dew on them from the fog.  I got a few, but nothing spectacular.

After taking a few more photos, I returned to the house and spent time in the sewing room reading and cleaning.  Then I started working on the cleaning in the dining room.  The kitchen was the last room I tackled today.  I did some laundry and again sorted through some of the unfinished quilt projects to see where I was in the process.  I have several ready for the quilter, but they are currently working on some other quilts that will be given away.

While in the sewing room, I enjoyed watching the few birds that were out and about today.  I spotted one in a tree in the neighbor's yard and could tell she was one I was not familiar with by her jumping and short flying characteristics.  Eventually, she landed in a tree by the window I was using and I was able to get several shots of what turned out to be a female Yellow-rumped Warbler.
Yellow-rumped Warbler
I had a very late lunch so I did not have supper until after the quilt group left later in the evening.  We had a good time at quilting.  There were five besides myself and it was just a relaxing evening.  I worked on machine quilting a small quilt I started about 10 years ago.  I continue to try to finish some of those forgotten projects.

My car was returned to Ron during the day and they said nothing is wrong.  I hope they are right.  We will see how it does over the next few days.

Sunday when Ron and I went to the Sprint Store to have them work on our phones, apparently they lost the programming my son had done to make my Cochlear wireless mini mic and phone clip work.  I will need to reprogram them and it will take a little time.  I miss them.
Current quilting project.  
I am doing the machine quilting on this on my sewing machine.

2 comments:

  1. Love the flip flops.....for Rebecca or Rachael?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe to hang on the wall in the girls' bedroom if that meets with their mom's approval. Started it for Rebecca.

      Delete