Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016

The Month of Hearts and Love
A Day of Windy Weather
February 1, 2016




All day the winds have been blowing around 25-30 miles an hour.  There are so many palm fronds all over the ground throughout the town from high winds a couple of weeks ago.  I expect there will be more this evening.

My day at the office was mostly spent on end of the month activities.  I got all the posting done and the statements prepared.  Ron needs to look and them and then I will be ready to mail them.  He took in a large job this morning and has spent almost all day working on it so I have been helping customers more than usual.

Ron's brother came by for a while and visited with Ron as he worked on the job that has him busy.  Last Friday I mopped my office and a couple of other areas - don't do it very often- and today I spilled some sticky Kool-Aid across it.  Doesn't it always seem to happen that way?  So I have mopped my office again and may need to do it again in the morning.

At closing time, Ron said we were invited to his mom's house for supper.  His brother and sister-in-law were cooking.  Supper was to be at 6:00.  Ron continued working on the job he had spent the day on and I did some additional work on end of the month reports.  I took a deposit to the bank just before closing time and that got all the January receipts completed.

I still have a little to do on the credit card receipts in the morning, but made a lot of progress today.  I should be able to finish up all of the work on that tomorrow.   I will just have to wait for the bank statement to be able to send the things to the accountant.

Supper was a feast.  The table just could not hold all the food.  They had fixed fajitas, beans, shrimp, guacamole, salsa, tortillas, and grilled onions and bell peppers.  The two of them are great cooks.  Shortly after supper I left and come home to get a few things done.  I have an early appointment at the doctor in the morning.

The time at Ron's mom's was good.  She was alert and in good spirits, but is tired.  At the table I was able to hear better than usual.  They are all good about speaking up and the area is small, so we are close together.  In any setting, a word will come up in a conversation that I just can't understand.

I have talked about how I fill in the blank with what I think it is, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.  I will often ask, "What was the last word?"  I don't seem to get across to people I just need that one word.  Oh, well.  I just keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment