Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 8, 2016

Monday Again!  
 February 8, 2016

My Mom and Dad about their 45th anniversary I think.

Yes, it was Monday, but for some reason, I keep waking in the mornings wondering what day it is.  It seems many of my days have been mixed up.  Recently on a Sunday I was sick and didn't go to church - that seems to mess up the whole week in several ways.  One of those ways is that when Monday comes the week is just off to a weird start since I didn't start my week in church, focused on the Lord.

For years we have gone to supper on Friday nights with our friends the Lawlers, but about a year ago we switched to Thursday nights.  It doesn't matter.  We just enjoy spending an evening with them talking about our children, grandchildren, work, etc.  It doesn't matter where we eat, it is just fun to be with friends.  Now I tend to ask my friend Pat, "What are you doing tomorrow?" since my brain thinks it will be Saturday.  Wrong.  It will be Friday.  Old habits die hard. 

The day at the office was busy enough to keep us both busy.  My friend Dolores came by and picked up one quilt project to work on for me and ended up taking two.  That was at about 10:30 and by 2:30 she returned one to me all done.  She is a hard worker.  I was very pleased with the results.

At the end of the work day, I went home about 30 minutes early and made a big pot of Broccoli Soup.  It was delicious!  It was a chilly evening and just hit the spot.  After supper, Ron did the dishes and I talked to our son Bob on the phone using my wireless phone clip.  It worked well.  His wife has gone to visit her mother who has suffered a minor stroke.  In the meantime, our son is trying to get things settled in their house after the recent move.

I had spent some time in the yard  taking care of the feeders and ponds.  There were so many birds flying around the area and some were pretty loud.  That reminds me, while I was cutting back the bougainvillea  Saturday, the sparrows were fussing at me because they hide in the bush and I was disturbing their hideout.  In a couple of months it will be better than ever.

Today would have been my parents' anniversary.  They married in 1942, but sadly Daddy has been gone for 21 years.  My parents had a very wonderful marriage; I am thankful to have grown up with them as my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment