Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 15, 2016

Hello, Monday!
February 15, 2016


This Monday was a little different than most.  I woke up before my alarm went off.  Got the sheets changed on one bed and stripped from another one, folded a couple of loads of laundry and put another load in the washer and started it.

Ron wanted to take my car in to see about the fuel pump, so about 7:45 we left and I followed him to the repair place.  He left my car at the repair shop, and I took him to work before I returned home for a while.  Once I got home, I moved the laundry to the dryer and went to work in the yard for about an hour.  I hauled all the stuff I cut yesterday and all the palm fronds that have blown down lately from the high winds.  I took them to the back of the yard and threw them over the fence to the brush pile that should be picked up in the next few days.

Then it was time for a shower and while my hair dried I put away some clean dishes in the kitchen and ate a little breakfast.  It was getting close to 11:00 before I got to the office so I made a side trip and picked up some tamales for lunch.  The lady just had the first batch ready and Ron and I ate some of them when I got to the office.  They were so good!

I finally got all the things ready for the accountant and they will go out in tomorrow's mail.  I worked on a few other chores at my desk, but it was very slow at the office.  A large percentage of our customers are banks and government offices and with today being a legal holiday, it was very slow at work.  I read for a while and then went to the drug store.  They had been calling that some prescription was ready.  When I got there, they said none were there.  After I got back they called to say it was time to renew some of them.

Ron and I were riding together since my car was still at the mechanic's place, so we left the shop together and ate a quick small supper at Chick-fil-A on the way home.  The mechanic had called to say he could not find a problem with the car.  Ron asked him to drive it and take it home this evening to see if the problem showed up.  He will probably bring it back tomorrow afternoon either way. 

These days I don't have a housekeeper and I may just stay home tomorrow and clean and sew.  It is hard for me to stay caught up on the cleaning.  We will see what works, but I may take a day off every other week and catch up - may have to be each week, but I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment