Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 5 & 6, 2016

I Love Short Work Weeks!
July 5 & 6, 2016



Tuesday: I got to the office mid-morning.  Ron was out on jobs a couple of times.  I was working on paper work and have lots more to do.  I need to do some filing and the monthly report, but since I don't have the bank statement yet, I will have to wait.

Before going to the office I cut almost 100 zinnias and then took them to the office and made several arrangements there.  It has been very windy for about 3 days and with the heat and the wind, the flower beds are quickly drying out.

One of our customers in the late afternoon was the man who lost his building to a fire a few weeks ago.  He is having trouble getting things done in a timely manner by the insurance company.  We talked for a long time.  Ron had waited on him and I joined them in between customers.  He was telling us of other crimes in that area and that is frustrating.  I know it is everywhere, and expect to only get worse and the economy gets worse.  There was a fire yesterday morning not too far from our office (it was abandoned) and there was a strong smoke smell most of the day.

When I got home yesterday after work, I spent some time in the yard.  Things needed to be watered, ponds and fountains needed to be filled as well as bird feeders.  With it being so windy, the fountains that spray water, lose a lot of it blowing out. The filled feeders brought a nice variety of birds. 

Wednesday:  If I were to say to my husband, "I love short work weeks," he would say "Your work days are all short, doesn't that count?"  My days get shorter and shorter with him staying with his mother at night (his brother is arriving to take care of the next week).  Since he is not here to get me up in the  mornings, I am often late to work.  I may have set a record today - 12:15.  I got up at 8:00, took my shower, dressed for work, ate breakfast, and went to sleep.

I really wish I knew which medication is causing me to be so sleepy or if it is a combination.  The main one is suspect is my antihistamine.  But, I only take 1/2 of one before bedtime each night.  I think part of it could be that when I complain about being so sleepy all the time, the doctors tell me to take the meds at night.  Whereas I used to take all but one in the morning, now I take most at night.

Anyway, once I got to the office, I spent time on several projects.  Ron was trying to get some paper work done and we had more walk-in customers this afternoon than usual.  It is so hot, I think unless people must get out to run errands, they don't leave home.

Ron was out a couple of times on jobs and/or errands.  I really did not do a lot with the customers today.  I worked on a deposit and took it to the bank on my way home.  Ron had said he probably would not come by the house before going to his mom's, so I was relaxing after taking care of things in the yard.  He showed up saying he finished his project sooner than he expected.  He had supper before he went to his mom's.  I finished reading the book I was on.  It is a series called "Hymns of the West".  The one I read was good and I will try a couple of others. 

Last night while talking to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico, she told me she had checked on line and found that I have a TV channel she thought I would enjoy, that I didn't know we have.  It is Hallmark Mysteries.  There are shows like Hart to Hart, Murder She Wrote, and others that she knew I would enjoy.  It is nice to get some of the old TV shows that are clean stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment