Saturday, July 23, 2016

July 22 & 23, 2016

Rain!  Rain! Rain!
Thank You, God!
July 22 & 23, 2016

Early afternoon rain shower in part of our town

Friday morning I got up and moving a little earlier than usual.  It still took me a while to get to the office.  I spent most of the day on bookkeeping activities and bill paying.  I plan to be out of the office Monday through Wednesday so I needed to take care of a variety of activities.

About 1:00, I went to pay the utility bill and pick up some lunch.  There were a few sprinkles of rain as I left the office.  About half way to the utility company the rain became heavy.  The outside lanes of the road were flooded but by the time I got to the area where the utility company was, the rain had stopped.  Since it had stopped, I was surprised that the road around the company were flooded.  That is an area not far from our house that tends to flood in heavy rains. 
Beautiful clouds after the rain
After paying the bill, I drove by our house to see if we had gotten a lot of rain.  We had, but we are not in a flood prone area.  The roads go down from our house.  We are in a high area.  It seems ironic that the utility company sits in a flood prone area.

Before returning to the office I got lunch for us and when I got back, Ron and I ate lunch together.  At the office, only the few sprinkles had fallen.  The roads were dry and hot.  I was thankful for the rain at the house, but many places around town were left without any and could really use it.
I love the almost neon, iridescent look
 of the purple in the middle of this flower
After work, I picked up Mom so we could go to supper together at Pepe's.  Ron met us there.  The food was good, the service is always good, and we had a good visit.  From there I took Mom grocery shopping.  I got some things for us and then took her home and carried in her groceries before heading home to do the same at our house.

It was 8:00 when I got home but still daylight so I cut the zinnias that were blooming and again picked about 100.  The flowers themselves are getting larger and they were thriving on the watering we had been doing along with the afternoon rain.

After arranging 5 containers of flowers, I relaxed watching TV and reading.  It was hard to believe it was really Friday.  Yea!
Four of the five arrangements from Friday evening
Saturday morning I slept until about 9:30.  Breakfast was first on the list and then a little cleaning.  I got some spaghetti sauce out of the freezer and began thawing it for our lunch.  Ron came in about 1:00 and I started lunch preparations.  We enjoyed the spaghetti and then Ron spent much of the afternoon working in the yard.  I sewed for a while and then napped for 3 1/2 hours.  Supper was late and simple.
Mother and baby chick Chachalaca
I am using the Cochlear mini mic more and more often with the television set so Ron doesn't have to put up with me having the volume up loud.  All in all it was a quiet day.  I did fill the feeders and ponds in the morning and took bird photos off and on all day.
I believe this is a baby long billed thrasher
The birds were rather camera shy today and I saw lots of varieties but got few photos of them.  We had green jays, wrens, tufted titmice, and woodpeckers that would not pose for photos.  I just snapped what I could while I was putting the border on a quilt.  It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment