Thursday, July 21, 2016

July 21, 2016

A Better Day
July 21, 2016


Mom and baby Chachalaca in the backyard this evening


As you have detected if you have been reading for the last couple of months, I have had trouble adjusting to some medications.  I take 3 or 4 that warn of drowsiness.  All added together, I have felt like a Zombie.  A couple of days this week I have actually not gone to sleep during the day.  I did put my head down on my desk for a few minutes this afternoon, but was more tired than sleepy.

This morning on the way to the office I made a quick stop at one business and actually got to the office about an hour earlier than most days lately.  I did clear the work space on my desk, prepared a bank deposit and took it to the bank.  I waited on a few customers.  Ron was in all day working on things that had been brought to the office.

Our daughter-in-law texted me late last night to see if I could come to their house next week to care for the children for three days.  Yes!  Sadly, Ron will need to be here and has things to do at the office.

Nothing unusual occurred at the office today - and that is not all bad.  I came home a little early.  I spent time in the yard setting sprinklers in places they were needed.  Ron's zinnia flower bed was wilting.  The heat is just so intense.  My zinnias are about to die and his are still producing generously.  I should have picked the batch that is ready this afternoon, but they needed the water instead, so I hope to pick them in the morning.
Fern in bloom

Again, I am watching the Republican Convention while doing laundry, dishes, and cleaning.  It has been interesting to see the hornet's nest one of our Texas senators stirred up with his speech last night.  I have just finished watching Donald Trump's speech.  Next week it is the Democrats' turn for their convention.
Sparrow having a late supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment