Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 13 & 14, 2016

Sympathy again to France
July 13 & 14, 2016

The grandchildren loved watching the birds this morning.  
The birds were very active and we saw a great variety of kinds of birds.
As I have mentioned before, there are things I don't enjoy hearing, and today's news out of France falls in that category.  I just don't understand a person wanting to kill large numbers of strangers.  As someone posted just after the slaughter in Dallas of fine upstanding police personnel, "Come quickly, Lord."  Such a terrible loss of lives.
Probably a juvenile long billed thrasher
The last two days have been busy around here.  On Wednesday I went to the office about 9:30 so Ron could go on a 10:00 job.  People kept coming in and it was about 10:30 at least before he was able to get out of the office to go do the job.  He was gone a couple of hours.  The day was busy with assorted customers placing some orders.  I left the office about 3:45 to pick up our grandson from my mom's house and take him to the church.
 Chachalaca - have not seen the baby for a few days.
After taking our grandson to the church, I returned to the office and ended up staying an hour past closing time trying to figure out the bank statement again!  The credit card processing company is driving me nuts.  They keep breaking up their deposits into 2 or 3 different deposits with no logical reason that I can understand.
Great Kiskadee
I finally gave up for the day and headed home while Ron headed to stay the night at his mother's house.  I had a few stops to make on the way home.  Ron came in later saying his mom said she was ready to stay alone.  We will see how it goes. 
I went to the church about 8:45 to get the grandchildren who were staying with us for a couple of nights.  Our daughter - in - law was there picking up the two youngest so that she could take them home.  One of the others was spending the night with a friend so I only had 2 for the evening.
The four flowers are all on one bush. 
 I know I have picked 4 others off this bush this week.
We came home, got something to eat, and went to bed before too long.  Everyone was tired.  I slept in the recliner and woke this morning to the two grandchildren playing quietly by my chair.  They are always quiet, but if they had been noisy, it would not have waken me since I do not wear the sound processor when I am sleeping.
Zinnias need to be picked tomorrow morning
After a while we got dressed and we picked up donuts for breakfast.  We chatted over our late breakfast.  Then about 2:00 I took them with me to the office so I could make a bank deposit and work more on the bank statement, but I was constantly being interrupted and gave up.  I needed to go to the bank and to pick up the grandson who was at Mom's and take him to the church.  From there, I went to the bank to make a deposit and then picked up lunch for us on the way home (at 4:00).  We ate and then it was time to take them to the church for VBS.

While they were there, Ron and I met our friends for supper.  It was a good visit and a much needed time out together.  After coming home and weeding the garden some and hauling the debris, it was not too long until time to pick the kids up again.  This time I had 3 to bring home.

They had supper when we got home and then watched a movie while I relaxed.  Tomorrow, I hope to be home with them all day.  I will settle the bank statement on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment