Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December 7 & 8, 2015

Christmas is Coming
December 7 & 8, 2015


What would a Christmas parade be without Frosty the Snowman?

Remember in the previous blog, I told you I would continue sharing some of the photos from the Christmas Parade in McAllen.  I hope you enjoy them.  We sure enjoyed the parade.
 Elmo was glad to be in the parade
 
About 1/4 of this month is gone.  I should have a lot of my shopping done for Christmas.  I don't.  I have taken care of a few things, but there is still much to do.  I need wish list and sizes from the family.  They are late arriving in my mail or email box. 
In the last blog I showed you a dinosaur and a whale, now here is a shark.

Monday at the office was rather quiet.  I had things to do like working on our annual Christmas letter to friends and family.  I had written the letter last week and on Monday I got the front and back designed.  After what seemed like a long day at the office, Ron suggested I leave about 4:30 since the Brownsville Christmas Parade was forming at the corner by our office and if I did not leave I would get blocked in. 
The Cat in the Hat was a definite crowd pleaser
 
Leaving worked for me because I had not had time to get groceries over the weekend so I went to Wal-mart and did not only grocery shopping but some seasonal shopping.  I did get a couple of Christmas gifts, but also package tags, wrapping paper, tape, etc.  It was a couple of hours later before I arrived at home with my load of groceries.
There were cheers from the crowd for Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer


I did not even finish unpacking the groceries, but ate a little and then fell asleep in the recliner and woke up at 3:00 a.m. and moved to my bed where I slept for another 3 hours.

Today, Tuesday was also rather quiet at the office, but we had some good sales to the customers who did come in.  I again worked on the Christmas letters and got a lot of them printed and started addressing them.  I did not get far on that, but I am ready to work on them tomorrow. 
This was a happy Gingerbread Man; 
maybe because there was a Gingerbread 
Girl following a ways behind him.
 
Part of the afternoon was spent paying bills and looking for missing bills.  One of my personal bills is missing and one to the shop is missing.  I know that no one stole my bills, so I just need to find them!  Lately life has seemed like a game of hide and seek.  Too much time is spent looking for missing things and I know a lot of the reason is that I am behind on house cleaning.
Gingerbread Girl
 
Today after work, Ron and I went to his mother's house for supper.  We had a good visit.  She seemed very tired.  She was glad to see photos from our children showing activities in their lives.  She does love her family.  When I left there I went to Michael's for a couple of items for me and a couple of things she needed.  It was 8:00 before I got home and I just read and watched a movie, before visiting with our daughter-in-law in New Mexico via a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment