Thursday, December 17, 2015

December 16, 2015

A "Take it Easy" Day??
December 16, 2015

My ever-present medical appointment book

In the take home instructions from the hospital it said to take it easy for a couple of days.  They did not mention that, but I read it last night - after my busy day.  Oh, well...

There was an appointment I had at 8:15 with our dermatologist that had been set 6 months ago.  On the way home from the hospital, I asked Ron if I had missed it.  I didn't remember which day it was, only that it was this week.  When we got home I checked my appointment book and found it was early Wednesday morning.  Of course that meant I had to get up early and get to his office early.  He is a very friendly, nice, hyper man.  He goes non-stop and talks very fast.  His first question to me every time is about my Cochlear Implant.

Explaining that it works better on slow speaking Southerners that fast talking Northerners does seem to get his attention.  I have him repeat a lot.  He removed one little place for biopsy and froze two other places and I was quickly out of there - as I said, he is fast.

From there I went to the pharmacy to leave some prescription requests and to pick up a couple of items.  Then it was to the office, to meet a new salesman for one of the companies we buy from.  I had things to do to catch up, so I spent most of the next few hours in my office.

At 1:00 I left the office to go to Harlingen for an appointment with my Thyroid doctor.  Again, this appointment had been set 6 months ago and I had tests done for it last week.  The doctor is a sweet lady, very soft spoken and I like her.  The results of the tests were perfect so I don't have to see her for a year. 

The tension of the last few days caught up with me and I wasn't sure I could get anything else done, but I remember one of my doctors saying "retail therapy" was good for stress, (shopping) so I took that advice and headed to Hobby Lobby and points beyond.  I did finish with the shopping for one grandchild, and picked up a couple of small items, but nothing special.

Once home, I started laundry before Ron came in and when he arrived we had a good long talk and it helped me feel a little better.  We had supper and I did some cleaning before going to bed at 10:00 which is early for me.  It was a productive day, but I would rather not have any of the annual or semi-annual doctor appointments in December.  There is just too much else to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment