Friday, July 19, 2013

Outstanding Visit

Outstanding Visit
Friday,  July 19, 2013

Our entire visit with our former exchange student could not have been any better.  Well, maybe if it had been longer, but we were glad for every minute he and his family were here.  A great compliment came from the kids just before they left.  They were going to visit the family where Henning had lived before he came to us (in case you missed it, he spent part of the year with them and then had to be moved due to the father's health).  When the parents told the kids where they were going, they asked, "Do they have grandchildren.?"  They enjoyed their time with our grandchildren and wanted more of the same.  They stayed until about noon and then left to meet the other family for lunch before going to the island for 3 days.  I think they will have a wonderful time there!

Before heading to the office, I ate my lunch.  Once there, I worked on mail, waited on several customers (and could hear them), and prepared a bank deposit.  The afternoon went by in a hurry.  Ron had to leave for a meeting and he said it was the first time this year that he didn't worry about leaving me at the shop since I am able to hear so much better now.

We joined our friends for our usual Friday night dinner and found a quieter spot for our meal and visit.  They had known Henning when he lived with us and were eager to hear about the visit. 

Back at the house, after supper, it was time to do a little laundry, put the trundle bed back under the day bed, and get ready for our next house guests: our youngest son and his girlfriend will arrive Sunday evening.  I am thankful that our housekeeper will be here tomorrow to work her magic to make the house shine.

One thing I haven't mentioned is that of the two rechargeable batteries I have for the Cochlear sound processor, one seems to last much longer than the other.  I am going to need to make a chart and check on it.  One may have a problem.

For a little while I chatted with Bob (our oldest son) on the phone this evening, but it was very difficult to hear him.  I am not sure why.  It could have been his phone, or any number of other things, but I had to finally just give up because it was too frustrating. 

Now it is time for SLEEP!  We stayed up visiting very late last night and it was an amazing time, but I think I will sleep soundly tonight.


  1. I am really impress to see your work. it is really well written blog.
    Beds and Mattresses shop

    1. Thank you for the kind words. Hope you continue to enjoy the blog as you read through more recent entries. I have enjoyed sharing the experience with others.