Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 23, 2014

Quick Trip to Meet My Great Grand Niece
August 23, 2014



One of my nieces became a grandmother last winter, but one thing and another had kept us from meeting this precious little baby.  She is seven months old and today my mom, my sister Janet, and I went to Corpus to have lunch with my Great Niece and her beautiful baby daughter.  My brother and his wife had planned to join us for lunch, but they were both down with colds or allergies and didn't want to risk sharing their germs with all of us. 

I had gotten up early to be ready for my housekeeper.  I was waiting to hear a response from my sister to see if our trip was still "on".  Things bounced back and forth for a while and although I had all my stuff ready to go, I had decided not to make the trip.  The grocery store was the top need on my list today.  As I was wandering through Wal-Mart getting a few items before I started on the food section, I looked at my cell phone and a message from my sister convinced me I was going to make that trip.  Check out was quick and I returned home to find my sister and Mom waiting for me.
My turn!
We left for Corpus about 9:30, arriving about 12:30.  We met my niece's daughter and her baby at a Mexican food restaurant and all instantly fell in love with this precious little girl with the great big eyes!
My mom with her Great-Great Grand Daughter.
We visited and took turns passing the baby around the table.  I managed to be first!  She was curious and happy while we passed her around.  Then when she got to her mom, she was ready for her bottle and like a good little girl, she napped while we ate. 

My niece on the left.  My sister holding my niece's baby.
The Mexican food was delicious and the visit was refreshing.  It is good to see this young lady being a great mom to her little girl. 
The last time I had seen my great niece was about 2 weeks after I had gone deaf.  At that time I was not hearing hardly any sounds and it was nice today to listen to my niece and to be able to hear her tell about her sweet baby that she is caring for so well. 

After our lunch, we helped this young mom take all the baby's things to the car and shared good bye hugs before starting our trip back home.  It is about a 3 hour trip each way. 

Mom and my sister very kindly allowed me a quick shopping trip at a quilt store.  I found a few little things and already have some of the fabric in the washer so it will be ready to use when I have time to sew.

When I got home, Ron was working in the back yard cleaning one of the ponds.  I really appreciate that.  It has been a LONG time since I have really cleaned them.  I watered potted plants and pulled weeds for about an hour and came in the house hot and tired. 

This was a very nice day.  It was good to visit with my sister and Mom.  My sister has come to help Mom for a few days with some paperwork.  She is so quick to hop a plane and help when needed.  We shared a bunch of laughs on the trip, but I am exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Linda. I'm glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you couldn't be there, but then we would have had to share her with you, too. :) She is a beautiful little girl. Her mom is doing a great job.

      Delete