Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Uneventful Day
August 18, 2014


 An uneventful, boring, dull day is not all bad.  Over the last year and a half, I have had more than my share of event filled days!  Today was very slow at the office.  I guess since all the teachers and some students, went back to school, they were all busy.  Last week many parents were having keys made for their children who will be going home to empty houses.  Teachers were having classroom keys made and a few were looking for locks for their lockers.

Ron had a job mid-morning today, so I went in a little earlier than I had been so that he could leave for the job.  His hip is hurting him so he did not want to go out on any other jobs for the day.  I paid bills for the office and did some filing.  Then I started sewing.  I continue to work on the scrap squares in my current project.  I now have 16 blocks in one size and 3 in another size.  The 16 will be enough for a baby quilt and I may start putting it together this week.

Around 2:00 this afternoon the winds picked up and both shop doors started blowing open.  The ceiling tiles were doing a dance and the electronic chimes on the door kept ringing constantly.  I checked the weather and it seems the winds got up to about 53 mph.  We had a couple of very brief showers, but no measurable rain.

Since it was slow, I left the office a few minutes early.  I got some spaghetti sauce out of the freezer and made spaghetti for supper while I simmered some chicken breasts for a couple of meals for the next couple of days. 

When I got home the winds were still high so I did not try to work in the yard.  Our mimosa trees have  very brittle branches and often in high winds we lose some of the branches.  I did not think it was worth it to be working in the yard. 

After supper I started more sewing.  I was able to talk to our daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  Our son in Dallas had called during the day at work, but I had trouble understanding him so I had Ron talk to him.  I guess the biggest hearing challenge for me today was during the afternoon when I went to the dentist's office to see if I could get an appointment soon.  I think I have a cracked tooth in front of the one they capped about 10 days ago.  I got an appointment for tomorrow morning.  I asked the male clerk what time and I thought he said 7:15.  I questioned him again and heard the same thing.  I said that was fine with me but would he repeat it again.  It was 10:15.  They don't sound alike, but that sure sounded like 7:15 to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment