Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 12, 2014

Celebrations Are Fun!
August 12, 2014

How can I be old enough to have sons who have been married for 20 years?  One of our sons celebrated his 20th wedding anniversary with his wife on this past New Year's Eve. 

Our second oldest son and his wife;  he was the first of our boys to get married.
Today another son and his wife have hit the 20 year mark.  

 Our oldest son and his wife who are celebrating their anniversary today.

The third son and his wife will be celebrating their 10th anniversary in November.
 Our third son and his wife at their wedding, almost 10 years ago.
(Sorry but the other wedding photos are in my other computer.)
Their 10th anniversary will be just a couple of weeks after our fourth son gets married to his sweet fiance. 
 
We are so thankful that they have such strong relationships held together by love, commitment, and the Lord.  Marriage is a wonderful thing, but it is not always easy.  We are so pleased that our sons have each chosen young ladies who love the Lord and seek as a couple to do God's will for their lives.
Our sons have each chosen different career paths and different cities to live in.  They consequently are not all in one church, but each has sought to find a church in their community where the Word of God is proclaimed from the pulpit and look for ways to serve in their churches.  Our best wishes to our oldest son and his wife today on 20 wonderful years!

This morning, Ron and I again got off to a slow start and we had both gone to sleep earlier than usual.  It must have just been a very good night for sleeping.  On the way to the office, I went by our son's home to return an item the kids left last night.  They were also off to a slow start and were all at the breakfast table.  It was nice to get a ton of hugs before I left their house.  The children are so quick to run to greet us with hugs when we visit. 

At the office I started on some chores still clearing up the mess on my desk from the end of the month activities.  Ron left on a job and I cleared a small portion of my desk.  I did some writing and filing before he returned.  I had my lunch when he got there and worked on sorting some receipts and really exciting chores like that.  During the afternoon I helped with customers and spent time on some emails.

Ron suggested that I leave early since I had the quilt group coming this evening and we were celebrating the birthday of one of the members.  I stopped at Wal-Mart for a couple of things and ended up staying a while as I bought some small items for the grandchildren.  When one has a birthday, the others get small items so they don't feel too left out.  (There is a birthday coming up later this week.)  We usually go out to breakfast at the place the birthday child selects.  The boys usually get Hot Wheel cars and that keeps them occupied until our breakfast comes.  My supply of Hot Wheels had dwindled and we are heading into the birthday season.  Their family has a couple of birthdays a month for the next few months.  I was also stocking up on some school supplies to go in the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes this year. 

Once I got home I made sandwiches and set the table.  Our group is small currently.  We only had five here tonight.  One is out of town for the next three months and one has been in poor health lately.  The five of us had a good time and each worked on our own project.  I was cutting out quilt pieces, one lady was putting binding on a quilt, one was working on a shawl, one was crocheting, and the birthday lady was doing counted cross stitch.  We chatted, laughed, and relaxed. 
The birthday lady
After about an hour of handwork, we got out the goodies the others had brought and gathered around the table to celebrate the birthday.
This is such a precious group.  I look forward to Tuesday nights!
The request of the birthday lady was for strawberry cake and this was a spectacular strawberry cake!  Wow!
It was strawberry cake, with strawberry icing, and strawberries on top!  Can't get much better than that!

During the quilt group, I did hear much better than I had been except for a few times I would just not be able to figure out a sentence.  Then when we were at the table, my husband and the husband on one of the other ladies were in the living room visiting and when they would laugh, my sound processor picked it up real well and overpowered anything being said in the room we were in.  Strange.

The group left and I checked out Facebook messages and saw one that a friend of ours had fallen and hit her head on the cement and had been taken to the hospital by ambulance.  We were just getting ready to go out there to be with her husband when we got another message that she would be going home before long, so we will check on her tomorrow.  I watched a TV commercial this morning saying something like, "1 out of 3 people over 60 will have a fall this year."  Mine was last year (when I broke my elbow).  I don't like those statistics!

No comments:

Post a Comment