Friday, May 9, 2014

May 9, 2014

Rain and Thunder - Beautiful Sounds
May 9, 2014

Tonight we are having a wonderfully heavy rain complete with thunder and lightening.  The rain is an answer to prayer, as the area is in need of a good soaking (of course we just watered our yard this week).  The sounds of the rain and thunder are a joy for me to hear.  I have always loved the rain and thunder.  Being able to hear them is a blessing. 

Ron had come in the sewing room about 30 minutes ago to ask me if I could hear the rain.  I was just becoming aware of it about the time he asked.  As I have mentioned, not all things sound the same with the Cochlear Implant as they did with natural hearing.  The rain sounds like bacon sizzling in a frying pan.  I like that sound a lot, too.

Today was a nice day.  It started out cloudy and mild.  Mid afternoon, the sun came out and I noticed my customers were coming in damp with sweat (not rain).  Then after we ate supper and stood in the parking lot at the cafeteria visiting with our friends, the temperature was wonderful and there was a light breeze.  I would love more evenings like that.

My morning was busy.  I did a few things at the house before heading to the office.  I stopped by the office of a good friend to drop something off and visited for a little bit and then went on to my office.  Our grandson was there.  He worked on some projects that I had saved for him to do.  Ron left on some jobs and was only in briefly the rest of the day.  I was able to do a little cleaning since he was out.

Our grandson is such a joy to be around.  We had a good visit while he worked on some cleaning for me.  His next youngest brother came early in the afternoon and stayed until the two boys were picked up by the man from our church who is teaching them some electronics.  We stayed busy with customers much of the time that Ron was out.  I worked some more on printing out photos to be used at the graduation party.  It can be so much fun to go back to old memories. 

We joined our friends for our usual Friday night supper.  It was good to visit.  We had a lot of laughs, especially as I related the story I shared here yesterday about my husband's car.  Speaking of cars, mine had gone back in for more brake work today and again, some of it is better but not all of it.  They may get to work on it again.   Back to supper, it is always good to get together at the end of the week with these friends who have stuck with us for so many years. 

My friend was asking about my elbow and I mentioned the limitations I still have, but she pointed out how far I had come.  It reminded me that after the surgery I couldn't even type with that hand for a long time.  It was so painful.  There is no typing pain!  I have come a long way!
Binding strips cut and ready to be pieced together and then sewn on the quilt.
Tonight I am working on the binding for the quilt I picked up yesterday from the quilter in Harlingen.  I have cut the binding strips but now must sew them together into one long strip and then sew it to the edges of the quilt.  That will be tomorrow's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment