Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22, 2014

Telephone Challenges Continue
May 22, 2014


When we went to Houston recently (last week) the audiologist encouraged me to keep trying on the telephone - to not give up.  I really get very frustrated with it.  Normally at the office, Ron puts the office phone on call forwarding to his cell phone and then he can answer the incoming calls where ever he is.  He forgot to do that when he left the office on jobs today and I knew he was going to be gone most of the day.  I answered the first call and understood what the lady wanted: Was the locksmith going to come to her office today?  I told her I would have him call to let her know.  Then she wanted to tell me when they bought the item, the color, where they were using it, what the trouble was, and on and on.  It was so stressful trying to hear her and answer at the right times.  I finally explained that I was hard-of-hearing and that she needed to tell those things to the locksmith and that was why I was going to have him call.  Then I put the phone on call forwarding.  He had shown me how the day before.

Since I spent a lot of time watching the baby woodpecker this morning, I didn't get a lunch fixed.  I was going to run pick up something, but Ron was going to be out for several hours, so I broke down and called to order a pizza.  I used my cell phone which is easier for me.  If I had used the office phone, I probably would not have had to say anything because they have me in their system and I always order the same thing.  Since I was on a different phone I had to answer several questions.  It arrived and the order was correct so I guess my answers were correct.
The daddy woodpecker taking out the trash!
Woodpecker watching was more interesting than the rest of the day at the office.  The woodpeckers can keep me entertained for long periods of time.

Ron got back from his jobs and was tired and ready to relax so since he was not going out again, I left to run errands.  I had a couple of bills to pay for the office and needed office supplies.  I had a frustrating time at Staples.  I buy most of my supplies there.  When I buy ink cartridges for our computer printers, I buy several since we both use the same kind and I don't want to go back too soon.  I got a defective one and tried to return it.  They finally took it and acted like they were really doing me a big favor.  They said they were not supposed to take them after 14 days.  That makes no sense.  When the printer uses 4 cartridges, they don't all go out at once.  So the some of them won't be used for a few weeks.  I asked her if she was saying I should not buy all the ink I had planned to buy today.  She said that isn't what she said.  I asked if she was going to warranty them.  She said for 14 days.  Anyhow,  I was nice, but tried to let her know that was not a fair policy.  It may be time to shop elsewhere for ink.  I left without any today except for what they replaced.

Then I went to Kohl's and Home Depot.  I came home with hanging baskets so I could pot all the plants we bought last week in Houston.  I got a new bird feeder to see if it keeps the ducks out of the food and if it works it should pay for itself quickly! 

Once home, I unloaded my things and then worked on potting several of the plants.  Now all but one are taken care of and that one needs to go in the ground - not a pot.  Again I watched the woodpeckers before fixing supper. 

Our oldest son, Bob, called and we chatted a while.  I had to have him repeat several things.  Our youngest son, Stephen, called twice and he also had to do a lot of repeating.  The audiologist says to keep working on it.  I am trying, but doing it at the end of the day may not be the best choice. 


2 comments:

  1. What are the yellow flowers in the last two photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the photo they were in front of the playhouse waiting to be put into hanging baskets. I potted them a couple of days ago and now they are blooming up a storm in hanging baskets in the backyard.

      Delete