Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14, 2014

Out of Town Party Planning is Hard
May 14, 2014


Our youngest son, Stephen, will be graduating this Saturday from Criswell College with a Master of Divinity degree.  He has worked hard, taking 9 hours each semester while working almost full time (38 hours or so each week).  He finished his class work in December, but since the school is small, they only have one graduation ceremony each year and it will be this weekend.  He is now working full time at the same place he has been since moving to Dallas to attend the seminaryHe is the assistant manager at Logos, a very nice Christian bookstore. We want to have a party to celebrate, but transporting all the necessary items is a major job! 

Today, I spent much of the day at home working on baking cookies, doing the finishing touches on a quilt, doing a little laundry, and picking up things around the house.  My brother-in-law, Jim spent the morning watching and photographing the woodpeckers.  He is going to spend time at our house doing that while we are gone.  I gave him a long list of chores - fill the bird feeders, fill the ponds, bring in the mail, etc.  I am so glad he can take care of things for us.

Early this afternoon I went to the office for a few hours to do some bookkeeping chores and make a trip to the bank.  Then I returned home to try to get some of the plants we bought in Houston, planted in the hanging baskets.  I got part of them done.  We had a good rain during the night last night and the yard was really too wet for digging, so the ones not going in hanging baskets will have to wait until we are back for me to plant them.

I will need to contact Houston and see if I can replace the magnet on my Cochlear Sound Processor.  There is a small magnet that connects the sound processor to the correct spot on my head to make the device work with the implanted portion.  The magnet is too weak and it keeps coming off.  

Today has been a hectic day and I am ready for a break.  I am so thankful that Ron can do all the driving.  He likes to drive and I am willing at this point to let him do it.  Ron and I have both had bad headaches today and think they may be weather related.  It was actually a beautiful day - especially for mid-May.  It was only in the 70s.  We will be in the mid-50s tonight.  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment