Friday, May 30, 2014

May 30, 2014

Friday Night Baseball
Friday,  May 30, 2014


Tonight was the last game of the season for one of my grandsons at the Little League Park.  The other of the little grandsons finished his T-ball season a week or two ago.  I had made it to a couple of games early in the season, but hadn't been back until tonight.  Several of the parents were late getting the boys there.  They were about to postpone the game until tomorrow morning, but finally had enough show up at the last minute.  Our team is the Astros and they are in the orange shirts. 

Hearing out in the wind and with the assorted ball park noises was a little hard.  My youngest grandson who kept wanting to whisper to me this past Sunday, learned where the microphone is on my sound processor is located and did better communicating with me.  It was good to see that he could remember that and use it.  Young, soft voices offer a challenge and that means this will be a challenging weekend since the five youngest grandchildren are spending the weekend with us.  Ron will be around and can help and they all help me understand the youngest ones.  I know we are going to have a great time.

This morning at the office I got several things done that needed my attention and I kept after my grandson to do some other tasks and he made a lot of progress.  He did a lot of filing  and printing for me.

This afternoon after our grandsons left for their Friday time with a man from our church who teaches them electronics and computer things, I left and went to get groceries so that I could feed the five grandchildren while their parents have a long overdue weekend away. 

We met our friends for the usual Friday night dinner and had a good visit.  They had been to visit their out of town grandchildren last weekend and had a good time.  I am so thankful that we don't have to travel long distances to see our grandchildren. 

Following supper, Ron headed home and I headed to the Little League field to watch for a while.  My grandson's hit was a ground ball but it got him to second base. 

It was late by the time the kids were settled in beds.  It is going to be a great, busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment