Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2, 2014

Thankful for Friday!
Friday  May 2, 2014

It has been a hard week.  There have been so many things on my schedule.  There was a little break once I finished the quilt that I was working on and I have done some reading.  That has been nice, but there have just a lot of concerns this week - appointments, deadlines, etc.  I am ready for a break.  Maybe I can work in a small one tomorrow.
This is just one of the many Mourning Doves that have been
 coming often lately for breakfast, lunch and supper.

This morning I needed to go in a little earlier than I have been lately so that my car could go in for some attention.  They did finish with it today.  Before going to the office, I did take a few minutes to watch the birds, but it was heavily overcast so it was a little dark for good photos.
 This female Red-winged Blackbird was taking a stroll around the birdbath.

I had spotted some warblers on the waterfall, but it was so gray this morning that I really had trouble getting a good photo - when you combine dark setting and lively birds, it is a challenge.
The Yellow Warblers are such fun to watch. 

At the office, our oldest grandson was there.  He stayed all day instead of leaving at 2:00 which he had been doing lately.  We had a good time talking.  He unpacked shipments and did an assortment of jobs around the office.  I do love having him there. 

I got the statements ready for mailing to our customers.  I left the office a little early and took them by the post office to mail them on my way home.  I wasn't feeling good and rested a little before going to our son's home for a birthday dinner for our grandson.  It was mostly family at the event along with two neighbor boys about the same age as our grandson and a precious family from the church with three daughters who are friends with all the grandchildren.
The food was great and the visiting was even better.  I must say though, it is still very hard for me to hear and participate in group settings.  There was lots of laughter around the table, but I didn't know what most of it was about.  I think I have mentioned before that in a setting like that, I am most comfortable going to the kitchen to do dishes and visiting with others as they come in the kitchen to get things of to visit. 

It is always fun to watch the grandchildren and to night was no exception.  The bar-b-Que was from a new place in town and it was excellent.  There were several dessert choices and a couple of the kids had their little hands into the cookie bowl often.



No comments:

Post a Comment