Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 30, 2014

Time Keeps Flying - Faster and Faster
April 30, 2014


Today our oldest grandson is 16 years old!  How did that happen?  In my computer I have thousands and thousands of photographs stored.  As a screen saver, the computer rotates through some of those photos.  Recently many have been of this same grandson when he was a toddler.  He is one of those people who doesn't change drastically over the years, and so when those pictures pop up, I see in them the current young man.  Somewhere it is almost like we skipped some years.  We didn't.  They have always lived in the same town we do, but time is escaping.

Other times I have mentioned that in our son's family, when the children reach a set age, on their birthday they can select where the family will go out to eat breakfast.  Our grandson had chosen as this morning's meeting place, his other grandmother's restaurant.  At 7:00 we gathered to celebrate.  Since their grandmother owns the restaurant, and it specializes in Mexican food, the children have grown up loving beans, eggs, and tortillas for breakfast.

There were gifts to open and some too large to be wrapped.  We had a great time being with family.  What a nice way to start the day!  How they get 7 children up, dressed, and smiling for a drive across town before 7:00 in the morning is a mystery me.   
After breakfast, I returned to the house to fix my lunch to take to the office.  I had a couple of other things to do while home and then got to the office about 9:15
It had been a wonderful start to our day and we are so glad we can be a part of their lives so often. 
It is going to be interesting to see how God uses this young man in years to come.  He has been given many talents.

Since it is the last day of the month I had certain things to accomplish at the office.  I did some paperwork, but tomorrow is when I will be the busiest as I prepared the monthly statements for our customers. 

After I arrived at the office this morning Ron took my car to get it worked on.  There seems to b e a small leak - somewhere radiator fluid is leaking.  They did not get to work on it today so we picked it up after work and will have to take it back another day. 

Yesterday I did not get a blog posting done.  It was a rather uneventful day.  I did have a nice conversation with our oldest son last night and tonight had one with one of the other boys.  It is always good to catch up with what is going on in their lives. Three of the ladies came for quilting last night.  We had a good time catching up on each others' projects and family news.  One has a newly engaged daughter.  That is a happy thing to hear. 

The birds continue to keep me entertained and the spring flowers continue to show off their bright colors.  I had filled the birdbaths and this hibiscus got water sprayed all over it. 
At quilting last night I did pretty well with the hearing.  At breakfast we were ahead of the main crowd so I was able to manage.  The telephone is still really hard. 

Much of my time today at the office was spent making lists of things we need to take when we go to our son's graduation in a couple of weeks.  We leave in two weeks.

Oh, I remember something I forgot to share.  I had mentioned that the last scheduled trip to the audiologist had been postponed by the office in Houston.  They called yesterday and set it for the week of graduation!  That will be a busy week with a lot of driving.  But it will be good to get back on track.  There are so many things going on and we just try to keep track of it all.  I carry a calendar book in my purse for all the medical things and we try to check it regularly.  Most of the doctor's offices give courtesy reminder calls the day before scheduled visits.  That helps.

2 comments:

  1. He cannot be 16!!! Yes, the time does fly!

    Wedding plans in the Larson household?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daughter in Corpus is engaged. No specific plans yet.

      Delete