Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 13, 2014

Saying Good-Bye to Friends
April 13, 2014

Today was a good day, except at church we were saying good-bye to one of our staff memebers.  Tracy Sexton has been in charge of the mission work done through our church for the last 4 years and he is an outstanding Bible teacher.  He and his wife Beverly (Bev) will be leaving this week to return to their home town in Georgia. 
 Tracy and Bev
After church this morning we had a church dinner in the gym to honor Tracy and Bev and for people to be able to tell them how much they have meant to us.  It was hard for them and for us to say good-bye. 

We had a very nice lunch of tamales, beans, salads, and desserts.  We sat with our son's family and that is always a treat.  What fun we have with the grandkids.
It was a good time.  One of the fun things that I got to do apart from the planned program is that I got to hold a sweet little baby.  Her name is Elizabeth.  She is three months old, but was born two months prematurely when her mom had to be air-lifted to Corpus Christi for an emergency early delivery because the mom had very high blood pressure.  The flight was to save the lives of both of them.  Little Elizabeth is no longer little.  She is up to about 10 pounds and is precious.  Our pastor's wife had held her through lunch and the program, but I finally got a turn and it was such a joy to hold that bundle of answered prayers. 

This is our son Jeff who spoke.  In the background you see the banner that had been made.  People were encouraged to sign it with their well wishes for Tracy and Bev.  
Our oldest grandson was enjoying the tamales.  They really were very good!
Our youngest granddaughter joined her dad back at the sound board after she finished her lunch.  
It was time to take my husband home for a nap!  

Since I am usually behind the camera, I don't have many photos of me in the blog.  
My oldest granddaughter took this picture of me today at lunch.

Once we got home, Ron did get his nap and later went to his mom's to take some things.  I worked in the yard a while on bird feeders, birdbaths, and waterfalls.  There were plants to be watered and Ron got back and did a little tree trimming. 

I read for a while and then started putting blocks together in the current quilt project.  I got four blocks put together before I needed to go de-bone the chicken I had cooking and fix supper.  We had chicken and rice for supper and it was great.  I have more chicken to use this week on other meals.

Daughter-in-law Vickey called and we talked for a while.  Her school is on Spring Break this coming week and she is delighted.  She was ready for a break, along with the rest of the staff.

As is often the case, it was hard to hear in the crowded room.  There were so many conversations going on.  I had Ron tell me on the way home what people had said since I couldn't understand the speakers.  In the church service I did well with the radio I used last week.  It was a good sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment