Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 19, 2014

Stay-at-Home Saturday
April 19, 2014

Since the housekeeper was coming, I was up early.  I spent time sorting laundry before she came and had the first load going when she came.  I prefer for her to spend the time dusting (due to allergies I can't deal with that) and cleaning, not doing the laundry and dishes.  So I take care of those and let her do much of the rest.

I spent time in the yard while she cleaned the sewing room.  I took some photos.  One is of a tall stand of bamboo that started from a small bucket of bamboo a friend brought to Ron a few years ago.  I know the Green Heron loves staying in there sometimes.
The oleanders out by the resaca are in full bloom and are just lovely. 
Following my time in the yard filling bird feeders and ponds, and taking photos, I  returned to the sewing room where I spent a couple of hours working on the quilt in progress.  I now have all but 10 or the 25 blocks assembled.  The birds were very active all day enjoying the feeders and birdbaths.

Once Ron got home and my helper left, I fixed lunch and Ron ran an errand returning to work on the sprinkler system that has been out of commission since the telephone men worked on the phone line a few months ago and cut one of the water lines in the sprinkler system.

I sewed some more and then read and fell asleep reading for a little nap.  I spent most of the next three hours working in the yard trimming trees, pulling weeds, hauling clippings and assorted chores of that kind.  Ron joined me after about an hour and a half and he took out a tree and cut some bushes way back that were blocking my view when I would back out of the driveway.

During the afternoon and morning while I worked in the sewing room, I kept the camera close and took photos of several of the birds.  I don't have any of the colorful migrating birds right now, but I continue to enjoy watching the others.  I still can't believe how noisy the yard is with all the bird sounds that I had not been hearing for years.
I am so glad this female Golden-fronted Woodpecker is living right out the sewing room window.  She is so cute.  She didn't go far today, she mostly stayed right outside the hole into the nest.
The Red-winged Blackbirds continue to come in large numbers.  There are adult males, adult females, and juvenile males.  It is nice to listen to their sounds.

I was pleased with how well I am doing with the arm where I broke the elbow.  It was funny as I worked in the yard today, I almost didn't want to work in the area where the accident happened last June.  But that area needed attention like the rest of the yard. 

My hope is that each of you have a blessed Easter tomorrow and that you worship the Lord with a fellowship of believers.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment