Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 11, 2014

Friday Fun
Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday couldn't get much better than when I get to spend it with several of our grandchildren.  Before going to the office I spent 30 minutes working in the yard.  Things are blooming.  The Royal Poinciana tree is leafing out - after our ice storm this year, I was concerned it might not make it.  There are only a few tiny leaves, but that is a start!  Of course the birds were singing to me while I worked and I enjoyed listening to them.


Usually at the office on Fridays, our oldest grandson comes for part of the day to help out and "hang out".  He and I have lots of time to talk and he gets some chores done for me around the office.  He had to leave about noon to go with his Dad to Harlingen, so the visit was shorter than usual.  Arrangements were made for our oldest granddaughter to spend the afternoon with us.

During the morning I spent time talking to an elderly couple who came in to have some keys cut.  It turned out that for many years they lived in the house we bought when we first moved back to Brownsville in about 1974.  Their niece bought it sometime after we had it and now it is being fixed up for resale.  They showed me a few photos and it is amazing what they have done to the interior.  The colors are very modern and up-to-date.  The couple are much older than we are and they are both obviously gifted at interior decorating.  It was nice to stroll down Memory Lane as I thought of that house where we lived for three years and where we brought David (our third son) home from the hospital as a newborn.

Our oldest granddaughter helping me do some cleaning.

Grandson #2 spends Friday mornings at his other grandmother's business and then comes to ours to wait for a man from the church who spends the afternoon teaching the boys computer things and electronics.  After the oldest one had left, his brother showed up, but somewhere communications had been messed up because the man was busy at the Christian radio station where he works, working on their annual fundraising.  So he got to spend the afternoon with us.

 Oldest granddaughter and...

...her photo
So I had time to visit with three outstanding kids!  There was one-on-one time with each of them and lots of laughs.  Late in the afternoon I took the two that were at the shop to go run errands with me.  We went to see the Roseate Spoonbills on the way by Mom's house, and each took a few photos with my camera.

Second grandson...

 
...and his photo.

We ran some other errands while we were out and returned to the shop to finish up the day.  It is such a blessing to be able to converse with the grandchildren and to hear what they have to say.  Without my Cochlear Implant I would miss so much about their lives.

During the day, I worked on the stacks of junk mail that were building up on my desk.  We kept the paper shredders going all day as I did that and as Ron went through stacks of old papers.  Several trashcans filled with junk were taken to the dumpster.  My granddaughter and I cleaned out my car and did cleaning around the office.

After work we met our Friday night supper friends for a nice visit and nice meal.  It is always good to spend time with them catching up on each other's lives.

I fell asleep early and that is why this is being written early on Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment