Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27, 2014

Sometimes Your Day Doesn't Go as Expected;
Sometimes It is 8 Times Better !
Sunday April 27, 2014

Last night I actually got more sleep than usual.  I went to bed early and hit my snooze alarm for a bunch of times before getting up today.  I fixed breakfast, washed my hair and got ready for church.  We had a great lesson in Sunday school with a lot of interesting discussion.  All of our Winter Texans have gone home, but we still had a good bunch in class.

This morning in the Worship Service, the Adult Choir presented a musical.  None of the music sounded familiar.  A couple of the songs I knew but they were new arrangements.  I could not follow the melody on any of them.  It was nice sitting in church with four of our grandchildren and our daughter-in-law.  Just before the musical started, our daughter-in-law passed me a note asking if I would like to have 8 children for lunch (their seven and a friend who was spending the day with them). That is a day changer, but a wonderful one. Our son and his wife decided they wanted a quiet lunch together and although we missed them, we had fun and they had a good time together where they could chat for a few minutes without interruptions. 

There are so many times God paves the way ahead of us.  I had not been to the grocery store for a while, but stopped at one briefly yesterday and bought a sliced, boneless ham.  So we had ham, macaroni and cheese and corn for lunch.  The grandchildren hadn't been over in a while so they were delighted to be coming to Grandma's house (and Grandpa's, but when eating is involved, it is Grandma's house).

They all ate well and enjoyed their lunches.  Then they scattered to various rooms for various activities.  The two little boys were off to the Lego/guest room, the two youngest girls were in the play room with the Fisher Price toys, they oldest two girls (our oldest grand daughter and her friend) were out in the yard, and the two oldest boys were watching videos with Grandpa.

After a bit the two little boys and I joined the girls in the yard with the Nerf dart gun and the disc shooter.  They all played together with those, sharing with the girls.  It was 100 degrees in Brownsville today, but there was a strong wind so that made it bearable in the yard.  They enjoyed watching the birds from inside the house and while in the yard.  I could hear the grandchildren and the birds.  It was nice outside.

Inside, I had put dessert in the oven - one of the favorites - Cherry Crunch.  We enjoyed that with ice cream and had not been finished for long when their parents arrived to pick them up.  The mother of the friend arrived about the same time, so all headed to their homes.  Ron left for a meeting and I was alone in a very quiet house. 

I spent a little more time in the yard filling feeders and pools and bringing in the hummingbird feeders to clean and refill.  Back inside, the birds kept distracting me from other activities.  There were Red-winged Birds, 2 or 3 kinds of doves, Green Jays, sparrows, a Hermit Thrush, Buff-bellied Hummingbirds, Golden-fronted Woodpeckers, Brown-headed Cowbirds, and the ducks.  I did get the binding and backing fabrics washed for the quilt but still have to iron them.

Ron went to his mom's house after his meeting.  It was late when he got home.  Long days.  I guess they are all the same length, just some have more squashed into them. 
When our youngest granddaughter is doing this, she says she is "standing on her hair."  What a cutie!

Listening to the children is getting easier.  I don't always understand the youngest two, but some of the time I do.  Today the elbow has bothered me some, but that may be weather related.  Don't know for sure what it is.  I hope to go to the gym tomorrow, but I have several things I need to do tomorrow, so I am not sure if it will work out.

2 comments: