Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 17, 2014

Take Me Out to the Ball Game -
on a Misty Evening
Thursday,  April 17, 2014



This morning I woke early and got ready for a visit to the gym.  I was surprised to find it sprinkling, lightening, and thundering when I pulled the car out of the garage to head to the gym about 5:45.  I had a good workout, lengthening the time on the elliptical trainer and adding additional time at each of the machines.  When I left to go to my car, there was a huge thunder clap and it set off many car alarms in the parking lot.  I heard all of that!  There had been a nice rain while I was in the gym.

At home, I got my shower and then had breakfast and spent time on the computer and at the sewing machine and in the yard, before going to the office a little earlier than usual so Ron could leave for a job.  He was out most of the morning and I had some good sales while he was out.  Then in the afternoon he was out again.  I paid bills, and did some additional cleaning in my office.  It is getting a little better.

Today I kept the volume down again on the Cochlear sound processor.  I did have to have some things repeated, but it went OK.  I lined up some things for my grandson to work on tomorrow at the office, but I am not sure if he will be there.  His dad is off for the day.

After work I came home and fixed supper and then went to one my grandsons' baseball game.  He caught one ball in the outfield and when he was up to bat, he got a good hit on the first pitch, and made it to first base, but was out at second.    

It was gray and sprinkled off and on during the day and was pretty misty at the game tonight.  It was in the mid-60s.  It was good to have time to talk to our son and his wife during the game.  We are all way too busy! 

Our youngest granddaughter is going to be one of these people who go to the games for the snacks.  She did enjoy the snacks her mom brought. 

Back home the birds were still cleaning out the feeders and I spent time answering emails and cleaning the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment