Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16, 2014

A Quieter Day
Wednesday,  April 16, 2014



Today was much quieter than yesterday.  Only a couple of times did I experience loud noises like yesterday, and even then, they weren't as loud as yesterday.  I am very thankful for that.  When I put the sound processor on this morning, I had to turn the volume down some.  Everything still seemed loud. 

As soon as I got up I made Ron's coffee and when it was ready, I took it to him and woke him up.  I showered and got dressed for work, but didn't go to the office until mid-morning.  I fixed breakfast, wrote my blog from yesterday, worked in the yard a little bit and did several small chores around the house.  As I was about ready to go, the birds were getting active in the yard.  One little warbler was taking a bath in the large birdbath.
I am not sure what kind it is.  I have not had time to look it up.  Below is another photo.  Maybe you can help me identify it.
Both photos are of the same bird.  In the first photo, he looks like he has an orange crown, which would make him an Orange-crowned Warbler.  It doesn't show in the second photo, so I am not sure.  I hope he comes back and gives me a change for better photos.

 The cute little juvenile female Golden-fronted Woodpecker was out of the nest early this morning catching some early rays of sunshine.

At the office, Ron left on a job soon after I got there and then was out again on one after lunch.  Late in the afternoon he had an appointment with a heart doctor to follow up on some tests and the heart doctor says all is well.  He is in good shape.

This evening after work I stopped at Wal-Mart for some Easter treats for the grandchildren.  We are very fortunate that their other grandmother has an Easter picnic and egg hunt every year for the grandchildren, cousins, and some friends.  We all bring food for the picnic and eggs to hide.  I know the kids always have a great time.  Then she has a large pinata.

Once I got home I fixed supper and Ron showed up about the time it was ready.  I spent much of the evening reading and relaxing.  Our son David called and we had a nice chat, catching up on what is going on with each of us.  Then I talked to Vickey.  They are planning some activities for the rest of the week.  Vickey is on Spring Break and Bob is taking a few days off.

All day I have kept the volume level on my Cochlear sound processor very low compared to days in the past.  Yet I have done alright.  I am just very thankful the noises from yesterday are not bothering me today.

2 comments:

  1. PTL that Ron got a good report and your noises were better! I didn't fair so well at my checkup last week. ECG showed my bad valve is more narrow and leaking more. Have to go back in July for another check. Good news is that I've been going up and down stairs, lifting and carrying, making the move and no shortness of breath or pain, so it must not be too bad yet. Just my back telling me to lay off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your report wasn't great, but glad you are able to do so much of the moving yourself. Don't over do. When the back says, "Lay off", obey!

      Delete