Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9, 2014

OK, It is a Cold, Not Allergies!
February 9, 2014

For several days I have thought I was battling allergies, and maybe it started that way, but now I think it is a plain old ordinary common cold.  Yuck!  I have sneezed and sneezed, coughed, sniffled, and my head is aching.  I think it has been two or three years since I have had a cold.  Last winter since I had gone deaf in mid-January, I was heavily medicated through most of the winter with antibiotics, steroids, and all kinds of allergy medications.  I don't think a cold had a chance.  But this year is different.  I hope this is short lived.

I never feel that I have time to be sick, but this coming week is booked solid and is going to be busy.  My husband has early commitments Monday and Tuesday so I will need to open the office.  Usually I don't go in until 9:00 or 10:00.  Maybe I will be able to come home early.

Today we had a good Sunday school class and Ron brought a good lesson.  I had trouble hearing today.  Someone asked if my ears were stopped up due to my cold.  Maybe, but I think that since the Cochlear Implant bypasses the ear drum, that should not be a factor.  I think maybe it was just because my head was hurting so much I couldn't focus on conversations.  My daughter-in-law was out of town and so three of the grandchildren sat with me.  One was very quiet and I finally moved to sit beside her and asked if she was OK.  She kind of shrugged and I asked if she was ready for her mom to come home and she quickly said, "Yes."  Kids do love things to be the same.  If mom or dad is out of place, it bothers them. 

After church there was a luncheon for the women.  They have this particular event once a year and it is called Bundles of Joy.  For a few weeks they have been collecting items for babies and today those were made into bundles to give to new mothers in need.  First we had a light lunch and then we prepared the bundles.
Items were lined up on tables and we first would select a receiving blanket that would wrap the bundle.  Next was a stack of diapers, an outfit or two, and a bottle.  There were other items to select from to complete the bundle as well as a small book from the church for the mother.  I think we prepared a little over 40 bundles.  What a fun group from the newest church member, a little girl, to some of the older ladies in the church.

One of the ladies makes beautiful cards and she was preparing the tags for the bundles.  Everyone shares their talents and abilities.  A group of ladies who meet on Fridays to work on quilts for various needs, took time out to prepare about 40 receiving blankets and they were all so cute and colorful. Again, the hearing was a problem in a small, noisy room, but I did fairly well. 

Once I got home, a hot bath was in order and then a brief nap.  The rest of the day I have "goofed off" and relaxed as much as I could.  I talked to our son and daughter-in-law in New Mexico.  I had not talked to them in several days.  The television is on the the channel covering the Olympics, but I have watched very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment