Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 15, 2014

Awesome Day From Start to Finish
February 15, 2014



It is Saturday so that means the housekeeper came and I had to be up early for her.  I showered and washed my hair before she arrived.  It was a very foggy morning and I wanted to go outside to see if I could find some spider webs with the heavy condensation on them.  I worked in the front yard while I waited for my helper.  I found a few, but nothing spectacular.
After my helper came and I got her started I went to the back yard and found a good web up high in a tree, but my zoom lens worked well on it. 
Even after the ice and all the cold weather we have had the last three weeks, there is new growth everywhere.  The mimosa trees are covered in new leaves.
It was so lovely outside, that after taking photos, filling the ponds, moving plants back outdoors, and taking care of the bird feeders, I stayed outside and worked for a couple of hours, cutting back about 8 hibiscus bushes and hauling the clippings.  Some of the bushes were over 8 feet tall, so it took a little work.  There are still 4 in the backyard to do, but they look like they don't really have any damage, so I may leave them alone.  Yes, of course the ducks arrived.
After I came in for a drink, I went back out and washed the windows around the sewing room so I could get clear photos of the birds through them.  Then I was ready for breakfast!
Even the sparrows look good through the clean windows!  There were doves, woodpeckers and the sparrows, as well as the blue budgie.  

By the time I finished all that, I was ready for a break, but laundry called.  That got done and then I went back to work on the new quilt I have in progress.  I worked on that off and on the rest of the day.  I had promised to make cookies for a prayer meeting this evening, so I started them and saw my eggs were out of date, so I went to the drug store to leave a prescription order and pick up eggs.  They were out.  That meant a trip to the busy, big store on a Saturday afternoon!  It took an hour to get the three items I needed, and check out and get home.  Yikes!  The term "Express Lane" must mean something different than what I thought.  I got home and baked some delicious chocolate chip cookies, and returned to work on the quilt until time to go to the prayer meeting.  

We had a very good turn out (between 25 and 30) for the prayer meeting and spent a couple of hours praying for a young man with an aggressive brain tumor.  As I looked around the room at those who had gathered, some know the young man and some don't.  Some I know better than others.  Of those I know well, I think all had been through times in their lives where many of us and others had prayed for them.  What touching, heartfelt prayers were uttered tonight!  We are asking God for a miracle.  As I opened our time together, I reminded the group that just a year ago, many of them were praying for my hearing.  God answered that prayer - not in the way many had envisioned, but by paving the way for me to get a Cochlear Implant.  After I explained a couple of things and asked the young man's mother to give us an update, I turned the meeting over to our son so he could lead the actual prayer time.  Tonight as the people in the room took turns praying, I could hear much of what was prayed, but not all. 

Are you familiar with the term "over committed"?  It means we promised to do more than we can realistically do.  That is the way my weekend has been.  It has been hectic, but so far it has all gotten done and I have enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. The young man remains in my prayers as well. Hands together for him & his family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dottie. He is seeing the neuro surgeon today and going to MD Anderson tomorrow.

      Delete