Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 22, 2014

Wonderful Wedding
February 22. 2014

Some people say June is the month for brides.  This was our second wedding to attend in February this year.  This one was many miles from home.  It was a joy to be there for both events. 

We arrived in the morning and went to our son's apartment.  After visiting for a while we dressed for the wedding and then went to lunch.  We had a relaxed Chick-fil-A lunch and set out for the church.  Our son was ushering for the 2:00 wedding so he had to be there at 1:00.  We went with him and enjoyed watching the preparations. 

There were 80-100 guests in a lovely parlor at the church, but that many people in the room caused me hearing problems.  There was a pianist almost beside me, that everyone seemed to enjoy, but I could not identify any of the pieces he played.  I heard the ceremony pretty well.  I heard the promises they made to each other.  It was a very nice wedding.  We are delighted for both the bride and groom.

There was a reception after the service and as so often happens, God had someone for me to talk to.  During the reception I introduced myself to a lovely lady whose grandmother had been a neighbor of the bride's for many years.  She mentioned that she worked in the Dallas Baptist Association office and before that had worked in the state Baptist Convention office.  "In what department?" I asked.  "The office for the deaf." she  said.  We had a great discussion.  Then while we waited for the bride and groom to come to their car after the reception, I introduced myself to the matron of honor who happened to be deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other.  Another good visit. 

Following the wedding we ran a couple of errands and came home to change clothes to go to dinner in the evening with the bride, groom, and the bride's family.  We ate at a very busy, elegant steak restaurant, as guests of the bride and groom.  Hearing in the VERY crowded, VERY loud restaurant was totally impossible.  I just smiled a lot with a blank stare I am sure.  By the time we got home all of us were exhausted, which is why this posting is late.

No comments:

Post a Comment