Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

Can You Hear Me Now?
February 3, 2014

One of the cell phone companies uses the line, "Can you hear me now?" in their commercials - or at least they used to.  I have mentioned before that there are some days when I hear better than others.  Today was one of "the other" days.  I think I had to have Ron repeat EVERYTHING he said at least once and sometimes more than that.  I am not sure which of us is at fault, but he just keeps saying whatever it was, over and over.

I needed to be at the office a little earlier than usual today.  He had a job out of the office.  I was able to get the posting done and the statements run by a little after lunch time.  Then Ron checked them over before I folded them, put them in envelopes, and stamped them.  I had them ready before the mailman came.  It was good to get them on their way to the customers so we can collect for work Ron has done throughout the month. 

Toward the end of the day, my brother-in-law, Jim stopped by the office to pick up some mail.  He had been to one of the wildlife preserves and said it was not a very productive trip.  We have wanted to go birding, but since he arrived, it has been too cold, or too windy, or both.  Today it was chilly, windy, and misty.  Not the kind of weather for good bird photos.

I left the office a little early and went to pay a bill.  Then I stopped by Rudy's and picked up smoked turkey for me, and some sausage for Ron.  Once I got home I fixed some other side dishes and ended up eating supper alone since Ron had to go by his Mom's and talk to her.  When he made it home, I sat and visited with him while he ate.  We had a project that we had needed to do and so we spent a good bit of the evening doing it. 

Also, I was searching for a missing piece of information and as often happens when we do those types of searches, I found lots of interesting things I had forgotten I have.  One of them I used as my "photo of the day" in my Project 365 group.  I said it is a walk down Memory Lane for photographers.  Probably some of the younger photographers don't even know what these are.
Older cameras didn't have a built-in flash.  You would use one of these bulbs for each flash photo.  Years ago Reader's Digest had a regular feature called Toward More Picturesque Speech (I think).  I remember one line, talking about a beauty pageant winner, "Thousands of flash bulbs gave their lives for her."  Don't know why that stuck with me.  Why can't I remember useful things like what I need from the grocery store?  Or where I put the missing piece of information?

My arm has ached a little today as well as the shoulder on the other arm.  I suspect they are both from my car problem last Friday. 

There is really not much to report for today.  It was not a real busy day, but I got a lot done.  I need to get my house ready for a Sunday School Party on Thursday evening.  The weather may not be great, but we should have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment