Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014

Sewing and So Much Else to Do
February 18, 2014

Yesterday was another "no blog" day for me.  Sorry.  My sinus problems, allergies, and probably the medications left me so very sleepy last night.  I was sleeping soundly by 9:00 p.m.  That means I did not get a blog done, nor did I get the sewing done I had intended to do.

Yesterday was not a very eventful day.  I spent the day at the office after stopping at Wal-mart on my way in to buy paper products for the office.  Once I was at the office, Ron took my car to the mechanic for a check-up and I needed a seat belt worked on.  It would not retract correctly.  They said they would have it by noon.  That was 2 days ago and they still have it.  That always makes me nervous about the final bill!!!  Actually they had to order a part Ron had asked them to replace a couple of years ago.  We did get 2 more years out of it, but sometimes I think they try too hard to save me money.

Ron spent yesterday afternoon at the doctor's office getting prescriptions for his sore throat.  He said tonight he was already feeling better.  That is very good!  I got a lot of my bookkeeping chores done and found my desk top again.  It keeps disappearing under stacks of papers.  I left the office a little early and came home to get some soup out of the freezer I had made a while back and warmed it for supper.  While it was heating, I stepped into the sewing room and looking out the window, spotted a hawk in the tree about 10 feet out.  I could not get a good enough photo to identify him.  After supper and just a little reading, I was ready for bed.


I had made plans to meet a friend for breakfast today to go over plans for the Winter Texan Banquet.  After Ron had returned from the doctor yesterday, he told me I would have to open the office today because he had an appointment, so I let my friend know and she came to the office today instead.  I had to be up early to get to the shop to open up.  The drivers who are running late for work are insane!  I am thankful most days I don't have to be there too early.

It was pretty quiet this morning until my friend and I started working on our plans.  It seems to work that way so often!  When Ron arrived, she and I headed to the church and went through some closets to see what floral decorations were available.  I don't want to buy things that are already there.  Once we finished, I returned to the office and talked to Ron.

There had been a change in my plans about the quilt I had been working on so he suggested I go home and work on it since he didn't feel like going out on jobs today anyway.  It was another windy day where the air was filled with dust and neither of us needed that.

First I stopped at the Charro Days office for a couple of posters.  Then I went to a store downtown, Craftland, to look for table coverings and artificial flowers.  I bought a couple of sprays of flowers for experimenting.  Funny thing happened when I went to pay for the flowers.  The Oriental lady  who was waiting on me, told me the total amount due, but I didn't hear her.  I asked what she said and she was so embarrassed because she had answered me in Spanish and was apologizing for not using English.  I laughed and told her I couldn't hear in either language, but I would prefer English.  I had brought home two boxes of centerpieces I had made a couple of years ago for the banquet and wanted to add some flowers to them for this year.  My choices didn't work out well, so back to the drawing board as they say.
Look who is back!  I am so glad he survived the rough winter we have had. 

At home, after filling the bird feeders, I ate my lunch and then worked on the quilt.  By 3:30 or 4:00 I had the quilt top all together and started searching for batting and backing.  I found just what I needed for both, so I washed the backing and cut it to size and cut the batting to size.  I enjoyed watching the birds all afternoon.  This pair of doves spent about an hour just sitting side by side in the tree where the hawk had been yesterday.


When Ron got home I fixed supper for us and then cleaned the table real well and started spreading out my backing and batting before laying the top over them.  Next I got them pinned in place and am now ready to "tack" it on the sewing machine.  The tacking usually takes me a couple of hours and I think I am too tired to start that tonight.

I will wait to show photos of the current quilt project until after I deliver it.  I hope to do that before too long.

1 comment:

  1. Ah.....Craftland! Loved shopping there! Wish I could come hello with the banquet but that's Amanda's birthday, then it have to go to Lubbock that week. One of these years!

    Having the new balloon sinuplasty procedure on Friday to drain my sinuses. Scan showed the left side completely blocked. It's done in the doctors office. Please pray that it's successful.

    ReplyDelete