Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chex Mix, A Puzzle, 
and Two Grandsons!  A Great Combination
January 16, 2014

 Today at the office was fairly productive.  There was a nice variety of customers in the shop and Ron was out for a while on a job.  In between customers, I did bookkeeping and made up a deposit to take to the bank late in the afternoon.  

I had placed an order I think on Wednesday evening to Cochlear for some filters for my microphones on the ear piece and for a new cable.  The one I have now is fine, but I had to replace one a while back and didn't want to be without a spare.  That order arrived today.  Quick service!  I had placed an order for some prints of the photos I took of various Christmas activities and those arrived this afternoon.  It was fun to go through them again and relive the fun time we had over the Christmas holidays.  

This weekend I am going to see a friend I haven't seen in over 10 years.  We were very close friends when Ron and I lived in Houston when we first married.  She had a couple of children about the ages of our two oldest boys and one of them will be there with her two sons when I visit this weekend.  It is always fun to renew friendships.  When you have a love for the Lord in common, it makes friendships stronger.  There are some people you can pick right up with when you left off, 10 or 20 years ago.  This lady is like that.  I am looking forward to having time with her.

Tonight we went to supper with my mom as we often do.  Our waitress sweetly asked me on our way out if everything was fine.  I guess she had to ask; since she hid out most of the time we were there, she would have no idea if everything was fine.  Our youngest son, Stephen was a waiter for a while at this same restaurant, and he really spoiled us as well as his other customers.  He always hustled and rarely let a tea glass get close to empty.  The food was good and it is the quietest place we  have found to go, giving me a better chance of hearing conversation at the table.  We will continue to go there, but I do wish we got a little more service once we start eating.
After supper, Ron picked up one of our grandsons and I came home to start making chocolate chip cookies.  He brought that grandson to the house and our grandson helped "taste test the cookies.  Then Ron left to pick up our oldest grandson at his Driver's Ed. class.  I fixed grilled cheese sandwiches for the boys and while they ate, I started mixing up a huge batch of Chex Mix.  It is smelling great!  I did have trouble tonight with the cookie sheets as I took them from the oven and took the cookies off of them.  My left wrist didn't do well holding the trays as I removed cookies.  Several times my hand slipped and I almost spilled cookies.  That would be very sad!  Not sure why the wrist seems so weak tonight.
While I continued to work in the kitchen, I saw the boys looking for something to do.  I showed them a puzzle Bob and Vickey brought us for Christmas of the hot air balloon festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  They decided that would be fun and got started on putting it together.  They are making great progress.
What a blessing to have so many grandchildren here in town where they can come spend the night and we can enjoy one or two of them at a time and they can have an outing.  Since they are home schooled, their schedule is a little more flexible. We had a very nice evening together.  As soon as the Chex mix is cool enough for me to bag it, I can go to bed and get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment