Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 23 & 24, 2016

A Normal Day at Work?
August 23 & 24, 2016

It seems that there is no such thing as "A Normal Day at Work."  Each day is different and that keeps things from getting boring.  Tuesday Ron got me up early so I could get ready to go open the office in case he was tied up at the hospital checking on his mom and waiting to see her doctor.  Since I went back to sleep, I was about 10 minutes late arriving and Ron arrived just a minute after I got there.

His mom was feeling better and doing a lot of reading.  During the day, I did an assortment of office chores.  I continue "catching up" from the days I was out this month, some taking care of the grandchildren and some when I had the shingles.

This time of the year, many teachers come in to get copies of classroom keys, gate keys, or file cabinet keys.  I needed to take several things to the post office and did so shortly before lunch time so I could pick up lunch while I was out.

During the afternoon I took a short nap with my head on my desk.  I need to have a sleep study done soon.  I had it scheduled about the time I came down with the shingles and had to cancel.  Then with Ron's mom in the hospital I can't make any commitments at the moment so hopefully maybe right after Labor Day I can get it done.

In the evening I talked to our son in San Antonio and our daughter-in-law in New Mexico as well as our son in Dallas during the afternoon.  I love to be able to keep up with their lives.

Wednesday morning I needed to be ready to open the office again, but Ron sent me a text saying he was headed to the office early enough that I didn't need to do it for him.  I went in about 10:00.

Ron was in and out during the day and I had a lot of customers to wait on.  When I wasn't doing that I was filing old invoices.  I was way behind on that but got totally caught up on it.  Tomorrow I need to file a stack of papers.  I restocked several types of merchandise during the day.

There was time to visit with a couple of customers today and I usually enjoy that.  The times I don't enjoy it is when I get ones who talk so fast I just can't keep up with trying to figure out what they said.

Just a little before closing time I left to go pay the utility bill and then came on home for the evening.  Ron needed to stay and work on some locks and check on his mom.  I did a few household cleaning chores, but tried to get to bed a little early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment