Monday, August 22, 2016

August 19 & 20, 2016

Feeling Good Again!
August 19 & 20, 2016



It is almost White-wing hunting season. 
 They are getting fat.

Friday kept me busy at the office.  I had more papers to deal with that were cluttering my desk.  The accountant had sent me the information to make the sales tax payment to the state, so I did that late in the afternoon.  It must be done on line.  Ron was out of the office a good bit of Friday so I was kept busy waiting on customers.

After work I picked up Mom and we met Ron at Pepe's for supper.  We had a good visit with a lot of laughter.  Then I took Mom home.  She didn't need groceries; I needed some by wanted to do mine early Saturday morning.  At home I read, did some laundry, and did some cleaning in the sewing room.  

Saturday morning Ron got me up very early as per my request.  I headed to the grocery store and was able to get my shopping done without much trouble, but it did take a long time.  It had been a month since I had done a full grocery shopping and I was out of a lot of staples.  I was really feeling good and enjoyed my shopping time.

After putting away the groceries, I drove to Harlingen to get some backing fabric for some quilts.  I spent way too much time in Hobby Lobby, but again, I had not been there in a while.  I got things to make a couple of Fall centerpieces and made them in the afternoon.  I also bought a gift for one daughter-in-law who has a birthday soon.  Now if I can just get it mailed!

Again, I enjoyed the shopping.  It was a very hot day - around 100 degrees.  There was a strong wind but it was a hot wind.  I stopped for lunch on the way home since Ron was going to spend the afternoon at the office.  Late in the afternoon I picked some of the zinnias to take to McAllen Sunday.

Once I got home, I was exhausted.  I spent the afternoon reading, doing more laundry and watching some movies.  I also made a salad to take to our son's house in McAllen  the next day for lunch.  Then late in the evening I made some Mexican candy as per the request of our oldest grandson who leaves for college this week.  Our daughter-in-law and the oldest of the girls requested the salad.  It is nice to know there are things I fix that different ones really like.


No comments:

Post a Comment