Saturday, July 5, 2014

July 5, 2014

Another Delightful Evening
July 5, 2014


The plants Mom brought to me last weekend have now replaced the yellow ones I had put in this flower bed.  The pill bugs ate the yellow ones!  Killed one completely and damaged the other.  I planted the salvaged one in the red truck planter.

Three day weekends are wonderful!  I love them.  I am able to relax a little and still get a few things done.  It was another morning where I got off to a slow start - by choice.  I slept until about 8:00 and then spent time on the computer and getting breakfast before going out in the yard to work for a little bit.  It was very hot and humid, so I did not stay out too long, but it was long enough to get hot and sweaty. 

Ron had started working in the yard, too.  I decided I had to stop and cool off about 11:00.  Ron came in about 11:30.  After I had cooled off for about an hour, about noon, I noticed it was getting dark outside from heavy cloud cover.  I checked the temperature on my cell phone and it said our temperature was 81 - at noon, in July!!  This was obviously the time to go out and mow the yard.  Ron was still cooling off and when he heard the mower he came back out to check and found by 12:30, it had gone down to 75 degrees.


Mowing in cool weather is so much easier.  I was hurrying since I thought it was going to rain - it didn't.  When I finished Ron and I worked on a couple of other jobs outside and then I came in while he finished cleaning the garage.  I have more floor space in the garage than I have had in years!  Yea! 

Yesterday I received a text message inviting us to supper in a friend's home for this evening.  They would be serving shrimp.  I sent a note back saying it sounded great but could I bring my own sandwich since I am allergic to shrimp.  It turned out she fixed me a wonderful meal and although I would love to have been able to eat the shrimp, I enjoyed the supper very much.  Another couple had been invited and we had such a relaxed time.  They served grilled shrimp, bacon wrapped grilled shrimp, and shrimp scampi.  Then there were baked potatoes, green beans, green salad, and a chicken stir-fry for me.  We finished up with our choice of watermelon or sherbet.  An excellent menu.


We had a fun time visiting and talking about our grown children.  Among the three couples, we have 9 grown children.  Where have the years gone?  Hearing at supper was sometimes hard, but better than I expected.  One of my problems is that I will start talking over other people.  I won't hear that they started talking.  That seems especially to be a problem recently.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds for me to notice that someone else is talking.  So if I cut you off in conversation, it is not intentional.   
This is the 4th shirt I had made at Paperjay, and my favorite.  I love the good job they did on this.  I wore it to supper tonight with our friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment