Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16, 2014

A Fun Day at the Office
July 16, 2014


Some days at the office are downright boring!  Others are interesting, but some are just plain fun.  This morning was one of those days where I get a slow start.  I did get a batch of brownies baked before I left for the office.  I got to the office about 9:30 and two friends were waiting for me.  One lives here and the other is her sister who lives far away.  The one who lives far away had brought me a beautiful bouquet of roses as a thank you gift.  Her mother (who passed away a few years ago) and I were friends and the daughter came to show her love and appreciation for something I had done for her.  What a sweet, unexpected thing to do!  How is that for starting my day? They stayed and visited for a while and it was good to see them.  I will enjoy the roses and think of their mom who raised four sweet daughters.

Then it was not long before our two oldest granddaughters arrived to spend the day with me while their mom went house hunting.  We had a good time.  They finished the projects they had started at Ron's mom's house last week and the younger of the two started another one.  Ron left before they arrived to take his mom to the doctor and was gone for several hours.  Can't doctors come close to keeping a schedule?  I know it can't be exact, but 3 hours!

While Ron was gone I stayed very busy with customers.  The girls helped a little with putting some new items on display and getting things I needed.  They really don't know where stock is so the help is minimal, but I was delighted to have them there.  We had a lot of fun talking about different subjects like I do with their oldest brother.  One of our topics today with the oldest girl was the Amish.  I had a similar discussion with the other of the two girls last week. Very interesting discussion and reactions from them about the way the Amish live.  You never know where our discussions will lead.  We just start down one trail and see where it goes.

When Ron got back, I took the girls to the new Chick-fil-A for lunch.  It was busy and we decided to eat outside.  The only others eating outside were some of their employees.  One employee came out to get our cups to refill and asked if we didn't want to go inside to the air conditioning, but we really were enjoying being outside.  Jeff's children play outside a lot and are not really bothered by the heat.  Our only problem was the wind kept us holding down our trash.
We returned to the shop and had a good time talking.  Then the older of the girls got dressed for Vacation Bible School.  She is in the Kids' Praise Team and they are all Secret Agents, so she dressed as Secret Agent Templeton (they each chose their own Secret Agent name).  I told her she could never be a Secret Agent because she was too cute.
Her sister continued work on her embroidery project.   She is getting better.  I didn't have to take out too many stitches or un-sew the project from her shorts as my mother-in-law had to last week.  She is always in a hurry, but designed her own projects and did a good job on them.
Another project the girls worked on this afternoon was an assignment for the Secret Agents.  They made little signs on sticky notes and placed them all around our office.
They had a good time doing it and I know they brightened my day.
I left them un-corrected.  It is the thought that counts.  There must be about 20 assorted notes around the office.
As you can tell, spelling is not their strongest subject.  They may not be able to spell Believe, but they do believe that Christ died for our sins to pay the penalty for those sins on the cross.  Sweet girls who love the Lord.
Leaving the office early, I took them to the church to get ready for the evening Vacation Bible School.  They joined the group of workers having supper and I left and did some shopping.  I had a few things I was looking for that I wanted for the weekend, but had no real success.  I came home and spent a couple of hours in the kitchen baking Chocolate chip cookies!  Yea! 
This was a very good day.  There were times I had to ask the girls to repeat things over and over (like the Secret Agent name Templeton), but I would have missed so much if I was still deaf!  Thank you, God, for blessing me with an outstanding team of doctors and audiologists who have made it possible for me to hear much of what is said around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment