Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Yucky Monday Morning
July 28, 2014

There is something I forgot to mention yesterday about the cupcakes and the baby shower.  As I have said before, from time to time some of you have asked me about the music in my head.  I have said that it is still always there.  A few times lately I have noticed that it was not there, but that seemed to be for very brief periods of time.  98% of the time, the music is the old hymns.  Sometimes another song pops up and I can often tell why, but not always.  Yesterday the song was Rubber Ducky, from Sesame Street.
After attaching the pink bows to the miniature Rubber Ducks, to put on the cupcakes for the baby shower, I guess it was inevitable that the song would get stuck in my head.  It interrupted another song I was hearing on my way to work this morning and after a couple of minutes it went away and the other music returned.  It was a full male choir singing a very classy arrangement of the song.  I just thought I would share that with you.

Today started out fine, but I knew where it was headed.  My first stop was the dentist's office for the start on the process for a new crown.  I have been going to this particular dentist's office for over 30 years.  A friend recommended him and he always asks about her.  Apparently she is going to someone else now.  Hmm?  His son is now in the practice with him and the one I originally went to often takes care of my minor needs, but for something more major, he now suggests I let his son take care of it.

The original dentist came in to visit as soon as I was taken to a room this morning, and he did the deadening of the area for the work his son would do.  Now, I must tell you, there are a lot of things I don't like about being deaf and using a Cochlear Implant, but when it comes to going to the dentist, I wish you could all have one.  After talking to the dentist, I took the sound processor off and did not hear a hint of the drilling sound.  It is as good as it can be in the dentist's chair.  No whirring of the drill.  I barely even had any sensation of the vibration.  He did have to poke me once to ask me to "bite down", but time went quickly.

Well, time went quickly until the assistant began to prepare the temporary cap.  That took a long time and I must say, good dental assistants are a treasure.  The older of the dentists has an excellent one.  I have encountered two dentists who have assistants that do not measure up to the one I am most familiar with.  I don't think we always realize how much of the process is made easier for both the patient and the dentist, with an excellent assistant.

With half of my mouth deadened and my checkbook thinner, I left the dentist and headed to our office.  Ron decided to leave on a job while I was still pain free.  Good idea.  I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon on the computer with an assortment of tasks.

The afternoon was a little slow.  I did some filing and got rid of one of three stacks of papers on my desk.  I did a little bookkeeping and located some files for Ron.  I left the office a little early and stopped for some tortillas so I could make enchiladas for supper. 

Working in the yard for a while when I got home, I disturbed a little wren.  For at least 10 years I have had at least a pair of wrens in the yard and maybe more, but have gotten almost no photos.  I think I have about 5 photos.  They are shy, quick, and hide in the bushes.  Naturally, this one chose to pose on the fence for 15 seconds or so this afternoon, while my camera was in the house! 

It did remind me though, that when we had our Family Gathering by Lake Travis last week, I took a bird feeder and bird seed.  It wasn't too long until I had visitors at the feeder.  There were several Tufted Titmice and a Bewick's Wren.
Funny thing is I don't think I have even seen a wren at the feeder at home and here he was on the feeder at the campground!  First I saw him hopping on the porch and then he flew to the feeder before returning to the porch.  I enjoyed their Sunday morning visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment