Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 26, 2014

Long Day, Semi-Productive
July 26, 2014



Boston Fern
My housekeeper is still not back from her month in Italy, compliments of her son who is participating in a music festival in Milan.  I miss her help at home, but am so glad that she was able to go on this trip with her young adult son.
Since the housekeeper has not been here all month, I had to do some house cleaning this morning.  I got up early and started with cleaning out one drawer in the sewing room and then the cabinet where we keep all medications.  The last year and a half, Ron and I have had more prescriptions than in the previous 15 years put together, I am sure.  Some needed to be disposed of and some needed to be better identified.  Now at least things don't fall out when I open the cabinet door.

I had a quick breakfast and then spent an hour working in the back yard.  I keep having a problem finding a proper potting soil for the hanging baskets.  The one I am currently using is loose but when I water it, and then dig down, it is only wet about 1/4 inch down in the planter.  Frustrating.

The laundry had already been started earlier in the morning and I kept it progressing all morning and finished it around lunch time.  I had all the laundry from our trip as well as the everyday stuff.  It is nice to know that everything is clean - for a few minutes.  I finally finished unpacking everything, and think it is all put away.
My new flower bed is doing fairly well.
I spent time in the recliner reading late in the morning and nodded off for a bit.  After Ron got home, I went to the grocery store for a few items, mostly for the cupcakes I needed to bake and decorate for a baby shower Sunday afternoon for the grand baby of some friends, which is due in September.  I had shopped last  night for decorations for the cupcakes.
Hibiscus over the waterfall.
After lunch, I picked up things in the kitchen and then returned to the recliner.  I was tired and had a headache.  I napped a little and read a little.  I got fresh sheets on the bed and clean towels out in the bathrooms, but sure miss my helper! 
Periwinkle
Early evening, I started baking cupcakes.  I made three mixes and then made frosting and decorated them.  I will share photos tomorrow evening, after the shower.  I am pleased with them.  My kitchen, which was clean when I started this project is now a mess and I will try to get it clean before I head to bed. 
Ixora
Ron mowed the backyard for me today and I appreciate it.  That is usually my job but I just didn't have the energy for it today.  He also went to the store to get me more eggs for the cupcakes.  I forgot them when I went to the store earlier. 
Ixora
Our two oldest grandsons left this morning on a mission trip a long way from home in Southern Mexico.  They will be with a group from our church this week.  I will miss them while they are gone, but know this is something they wanted to do.  They are great boys.  We are so proud of them - and all the other grandchildren, too.
Ixora getting ready to burst into bloom.
I wore my sound processor much of the day, but there were times when I was home alone that I left it off.  I have watched some television but am so used to reading the closed captioning, that I often leave the sound off on the television so it won't be too loud for Ron.  Of course sometimes, if I have the sound processor off, I may think the sound on the TV is off and Ron may come ask if he can turn it down.  If the processor is off the volume on the TV can be all the way on high and I can't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment