Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 13, 2014

Slow, Restful Saturday and
Sunday Packed With Activities
July 13, 2014

Saturday was a relaxing day for me.  Probably the most relaxing day in a long time.  I did wake up earlier than I needed to and spent a leisurely morning reading, cleaning, sewing, and doing a little work in the yard - very little.

There were some things in the freezer that I needed to use up, so I had little to do to fix lunch and supper.  Ron and I both did a few chores at the house.  I spent several hours in the kitchen baking for the meal our Sunday School class was providing for Vacation Bible School workers and for our family gathering later this week.  I got three recipes of cookies baked and packed up.
This morning we went to Sunday School and church.  Vacation Bible School started tonight but in the morning worship service the Kids' Praise Team did a couple of musical numbers.  Oh, to be young and full of energy!
Our oldest granddaughter is in the upper left of the photo.

Following the service we went to lunch with our son, daughter-in-law, their kids and a few extras.  Our son and his wife are so loving in their ministry to others.  They had with them a friend of the kids whose mom works Sundays and a couple of cousins.  We all had a very nice lunch at a local Bar-B-Que spot.  I must say the brisket must have missed the seasoning step in preparation.  It was wonderfully tender, but totally lacking in Bar-B-Que flavor.
We had a good time and a nice visit.  Jeff had been so busy his first week on the new job that it was good to have time to sit with him and hear about it.

From there, Ron went with me to get a few groceries.  We got what was needed and got home about 3:00.  I had to leave at 3:15 to go to the church to get ready for the meal we were serving to 60 VBS workers and their children (20 kids).  I had a lot of willing workers.

There were probably about a dozen helping with the food.  We served a good meal and everyone had plenty to eat.
So many people have been working for weeks to be ready for the opening of VBS.  Thankful for the hard workers.
Then after finishing with the cleanup from the supper, I came home followed by my daughter-in-law Barbara and we planned the meals for our family gathering.  So many things to do this week!!!

As for my hearing on this busy day, Ron commented at the restaurant that he didn't think they were playing the music last time we were there.  I said, "What music."  When a place like that plays music, I can not discern that the noise I hear is music.  In the kitchen at the church this evening, in a small room with a low ceiling, I could not understand people who tried to talk to me.  I finally asked a couple of ladies to step into the gym so I could hear them.  All the voices in the kitchen blended together into a blur of sounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment