Sunday, October 30, 2016

October 29, 2016

A Very Nice Week
October 29, 2016



This past week has been filled with assorted activities.  I went to Harlingen for a doctor's appointment with the thyroid doctor.  She said the medication for the low thyroid level has brought the count to an acceptable level, so to please continue things as they are.  While in Harlingen I went by another doctor's office to ask for a refill on  a medication.  She sent it in, but the pharmacy said they already had a prescription.  I asked why the last bottle I got said no more refills.  She just shrugged her shoulders and said it is good for 6 more months.

One evening we met our friends for supper at Texas Roadhouse.  One day I went to lunch with a friend and we had a great visit.  It was good to catch up with each other - we have booth been very busy.  Great supper and a great visit.  On Friday evening for supper with Mom, we went to San Benito for a Bar-B-Q supper which was very good.  Then took Mom to Hobby Lobby in Harlingen to look for a couple of accessories for her costume for the Mother-Daughter party we are going to next weekend.  I think she will have her costume ready before I have mine ready.

During the work week, I went in to the office late most days.  I took care of a variety of chores.  Ron is going to have jury duty next week, so I will have to go in early.  Yikes! 

Today, Ron planted some zinnia seeds.  Don't know how they will do, but our days are still warm and sunny, so we will see how it goes.  I slept most of the day away and in the evening we went to a party at the home of a friend.  She has been hosting a Feast of Friends party for several years and it was well attended again this year.  I think there were at least 60 people there.  It was covered dish and we have some good cooks in the bunch.

My Cochlear cordless mini mic works well in most settings.  I am so thankful for it.  The only place that I was frustrated with the implant this week was the party tonight.  It is just too hard to hear in a large group.  I do the best I can and Ron was better tonight than sometimes, about telling me what I missed.  So many things were just a jumble of sounds.

In a lot of ways this past week was relaxing.  We were both home early one evening and it was just like surely we were forgetting something.   Our son and daughter-in-law had been shopping and selected some fabrics for me to turn into baby receiving blankets.  I got the box in the mail and it was fun to see what they had selected.  They also sent me a couple of thimbles for my collection.  I talked to our daughter-in-law this evening to tell her "Happy Birthday."
I am ready for another week that is not jam packed.   Ron is willing to serve on a jury panel.  We will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment