Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12, 2016

Sleepy Time Gal
October 12, 2016

We have been having beautiful cloud formations this week.

Sleepy Time Gal is a song from about 1925.  The lyrics don't really match my sleep problems, but the title does.  This Gal (me) is sleepy all the time!

About a month ago I had a sleep apnea test that was done at home over 3 nights.  Today I went to the heart doctor for the results.  I think he was sure that was the answer to the problem, but he said it showed only a very mild sleep problem and that it was mostly that at times I would breathe too shallow.  He was about to send me for another type of test on it, basically to see if using the sleep apnea machine would help any.

At that point I reminded my doctor that I think it is due to too many medications that say, "May cause severe drowsiness."  He pulled up my list of medications and after reading them he said that I might be right.  He suggested that first we try replacing the allergy medication with one that is non-drowsy.  In a couple of weeks he wants to know if I can tell a difference. 

The timing on the appointment was good because I could tell him my recent experience.  Monday night I went to sleep about midnight and slept until 10:30 Tuesday morning.  Before noon I was back asleep and slept until 7:00 that evening.  The doctor looked at me in shock and said, yes that was excessive.  So even though I do not have the answer to the problem, I think I have the doctor's attention about it.

This morning I needed to be up early so I could take Mom and my sister to the airport.  I didn't have to get them there until about 10:30, but I had to be up and awake enough before Ron went to work that I would be able to stay awake and not sleep through the time I had promised to pick them up.

I will be away from the computer for a few days again and don't know if I will be able to post before the middle of next week.  This has turned into a busy month for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment