Thursday, June 13, 2013

Post Cochlear Implant Surgery - Day 3
Post Broken Elbow Surgery - Day 10
Thursday June 13, 2013

Today has really been a "Lazy Day" at my Residence of Recovery.  For the first time in a while, I did not sleep well last night.  I woke at 3:00 a.m. and could not get back to sleep.  After a little tossing and turning (I can do very little tossing or turning between the arm brace and ear incision), I gave up and spent several hours at the computer working on the two blog entries covering the actual day of surgery.  Around 6:30 I started Ron's coffee and got him up.  By 7:00 I was sleeping peacefully in my recliner and remained there until around 9:00.  Vickey and I both got up and she had to take Ron's cell phone to him that he had forgotten. 

While she ran that errand, I put away a few things in the kitchen and fixed by breakfast - twice.  I burned the toast on my first try.  Once Vickey returned to the house, she cleaned and doctored my incision and washed my hair.  After getting dressed, she helped me finish unpacking.  By the time we finished that, I was exhausted.  I returned to the computer for a while and finished Part I of my blog about the day of surgery.

Again I napped in the recliner from about 12:30 - 2:30.  When I got up, I started fixing lunch and Vickey quickly joined me following a similar nap and we had a very good lunch.  By then it was time to doctor the ear.  My sweet friend Rhonda Smith came for a nice visit around 4:00 and we really enjoyed catching up.

Two of our daughters-in-law, Vickey and Barbara had a Girls' Night Out, going out together for supper.  Ron and I had a quiet dinner at home. 

Ron and I went out in the yard after supper but when he caught me bending over to move a hose (bending over is a no-no for now) he escorted me back to the house where I quickly fell asleep again in the recliner. 

Later in the evening I managed a sponge bath and incision cleaning and doctoring before returning to the computer for this blog entry.  It is now time for my medication and then I am heading to bed for what I hope will be a complete night's sleep.  In my bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment