Sunday, June 16, 2013

Feeling A Little Weak Over The Weekend
Sunday,  June 16, 2013

There are good days, and ones that aren't really bad, but fall short of "good".  That is how this weekend seems.  Yesterday Vickey and I both slept late.  I had been helping her with a quilt for Bob.  Mostly I have been helping from my spot in the recliner.  I tried not to sleep the day away, but maybe I shouldn't have tried so hard.

Vickey and I worked on baked beans and cheese dip to take to Jeff and Barbara's for a Father's Day cookout Saturday evening, but by the time we got there,  I was exhausted and sleepy. 







We had a great time with family, just hanging around and laughing and enjoying the evening but I was tired. 

One funny time, Grandson Joseph was sent to the patio where Jeff, Ron, and I were chatting.  He had arrived in tears of frustration and sat down, crying.  Jeff asked me if I could hear him and I said "Barely." 




So he cried louder hoping I would be able to hear.  I was using my amplifier which doesn't work too well in my bad ear.  I unplugged the ear bud from the amplifier and told him I could turn off his crying easily.  Well, he got to laughing and trying to control my amplifier.  There are times when the ability to "tune something out" isn't all bad.  In no time at all, we had a happy little boy.


But not long after supper, I was the one to be ready to go home first.  It was a fun time, but my strength was gone.

At home I had a restless night as I tried to do without the pain medications.  The pain is minor, but the medication does help me sleep.  Stomach upset and general feelings of weakness kept me home from church today.  Vickey fixed us a great Father's Day lunch.  What a blessing her visit has been to us.  It has given Ron a break to be able to focus on our business for a few days and Vickey has given me excellent, loving care.  We are very close friends and it has been a treat to have her here.

Another smaller treat, is that the pair of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks that spent the winter at our house, have come around to show us their new family.  Here are six babies, but I think there may be eight in all.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment