Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 7, 2014

Grandchildren ARE a Blessing From the Lord!
March 7, 2014

There has been so much on my schedule this week and some of it has been easy but time consuming.  Other parts involved lifting or climbing.  Our oldest grandson and oldest grand daughter helped with a lot of these chores.  They spent the night with us Thursday night and helped in many ways.

Our grandson moved boxes, carried items and arranged things in the car for transport Friday morning so they could safely be delivered to the church for the Winter Texan Banquet.  Our grand daughter stayed up until midnight helping me with a tri-fold display board.  Maybe I should say, I helped her.  I had given her the photos and the paper to put behind the photos to make them stand out and I went to bake cookies.  She worked on arrangement and then on accents.  After she found out how she wanted it laid out, I started gluing the photos in place, but before long she took over much of that process.

Friday morning we were up early and started loading the car.  I showed them what to do and left them to do it while I worked on other things.  Once we got to the church of course we had to reverse the process, unloading all the things. 

One of the young women from the church, Heather, is doing the set up and decorating, so we met with her and gave the supplies to her to arrange later in the day.

After completing those chores, we headed to my office where they worked hard helping with various things.  Our grand daughter is a "neat freak" as we used to call them.  She loves to clean and pick up things.  A high point in her day is to "allow" her to gather all the trash and take it to the dumpster.  Everyone needs one of these kids around!  As I had trimmed pictures and papers the previous evening, she picked up clippings as fast as I cut them.

She helped her grandpa with some jobs, too.  This little girl thinks her grandpa hung the moon and he would do anything for her - but they both love to torment each other.

As usual, our grandson was picked up mid-afternoon to go with a man from the church who is teaching him computer and electrical things.  When I say "computer", it is not what we might normally expect.  It is wiring, removing and replacing components, reconfiguring units, etc.  Our grand daughter and I returned to the church to check up on the layout for the banquet and to pickup some items from the office before going to a plant nursery to look for banquet decorations. 

At closing time our son came to get our grand daughter and Ron and I met friends and my brother-in-law for dinner.  It seems my brother-in-law's next book deal has changed and I am trying not to envy him too much.  It will be an awesome assignment (if you are a birder) and I wish I were going.  He will have a great location for spring migration.  Hope all goes well for him. 

It was good to "catch up" on news with our friends.  We had missed the last two Friday nights and had so much to share with each other.  It was one of those evenings when Luby's could have swept us out the door with the crumbs.  It was a relaxing time after a busy week.

At home, it was not long before I was asleep.  I was ready for a full night's sleep and I got it.  Now it is Saturday morning, (but I have dated this as Friday's posting) and I need to hit the road for the last minute purchases for the banquet tonight.

2 comments:

  1. At first glance of Isaac's picture, I thought it was Dr. Bob !!! It is great for both you and
    the kids that they are helping you since they are learning at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids were great helpers. They seemed to enjoy doing it.

      Delete