Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5, 2014

Praising God for Lots of Customers
and Another Busy Day!
March 5, 2014


Today was another very busy day at the office.  We are thankful for the many customers these last two days.  I still get the crazy questions and uneducated customers.  Many just need a little more information to understand the situation, but some are really a challenge.

Ron was out on jobs for most of the day.  He came in briefly around noon and I jumped at the chance to run an errand.  I needed to go to a little store downtown, Craftland, and get some rolls of plastic table covering for the banquet and some ribbon to go down the center of the tables.  I was able to make a quick trip and found just what I needed. 

During the day I got the statements ready to mail to our customers for their February charges.  I am running behind on that chore.  I had to wait for Ron to give me some paperwork.  Then I paid a couple of bills and got a couple of notes off in the mail.  It seemed every time I sat down at my desk, a customer would walk in the door.  Even the smallest chores took hours to accomplish due to the constant flow of customers.  The customers are why we are there.  They aren't an interruption, they are our business, but I wished that Ron had been there to handle some of them.

The man who is taking care of ordering some of the food for the banquet came in a couple of times and that is now all done.  A salesman came in and visited for a while.  Lots of computer messages were exchanged with a lady in the church office keeping me updated on the number of reservations for the banquet.  

At the end of the day, Ron still wasn't back from his jobs so I had to close up and then went to the bank.  From there I went to Wal-Mart to get some items for the banquet and a little food to keep us eating the rest of the week.  I got napkins to match the ribbon and then decided I needed contrast instead of a match, so I need to do some more shopping.

 My daughter-in-law Barbara came over while her kids were at church activities, and helped me with the centerpieces for the banquet.  We had a good time making them and visiting.  We had a lot of catching up to do. We got 20 arrangements made and after she left I made four more.  They turned out just right.  Now to transport them to the church!

No comments:

Post a Comment