Saturday, September 10, 2016

September 8 & 9, 2016

Short Week at the Office
September 8 & 9, 2016


Monday was a holiday and on Tuesday I was not feeling well so I stayed home.  Yesterday (Thursday) I was not at the office too long.  I could get used to these work hours.  I am still waiting for the bank statement so I can finish up the monthly reports.  The statements seem to come later and later.  Don't know if I should blame the bank or the mailman.

Yesterday I slept late and thought Ron had a job out of the office during the morning, so I got ready without washing my hair (which I do almost every day) and just combed it and got ready to go to the office.  When I got there Ron said no he did not have a morning job out of the office.  He also said I could go home since nothing was going on.  I got the feeling he thought the hair needed help!

I paid a couple of bills and then said I was going home.  I was headed out to a relaxing afternoon when he said I needed to be back in time for him to go do a job at 2:30.  Oops!  I misunderstood.  I thought I was getting the afternoon off.

On my way to the house, traffic was a huge mess in one area.  It turns out that an 18-wheeler had to slam on his brakes and his load shifted and hit the front of the big trailer and split the corner seam open.  The load had not been secured. It really slowed the traffic in that part of town.  I took a different route back to the office an hour later.

It was quiet at the office and Ron got back just before time to meet our friends for supper.  We went to the Texas Roadhouse again and it was noisy.  My friend Pat used the wireless mic, but I still had trouble hearing her.  We did have great food and a good visit.  It is always nice to get together with them each week.

 The evening was nice.  I did a little cleaning, but mostly read.

Friday (today) was a good day.  I got to the office a little earlier than I expected and Ron left on a job.  He was in and out the rest of the day.  It was a quiet afternoon at the office.  We find most Friday afternoons are slow.  One reason may be that several county employees get off at noon Friday, so they are not coming in for item for the maintenance dept.

I continued working on the stack of stuff on my office desk.  I left mid day to pick up a prescription and my lunch.  After work I picked up my mom and we went to supper.  Ron was late joining us.  A customer came in as he was trying to leave.  We used the Cochlear mini-mic wireless clip and it worked well for Mom.  I could hear her well.

Following supper Mom and I went to the Wal-Mart across the street for Pepe's where we had supper.  We both got groceries and I did birthday shopping for a grandson. After taking Mom home, I came home and relaxed most of the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment