Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 7, 2016

Back to Work
September 7, 2016




The morning started with Ron oversleeping!  He has been good about getting up in the mornings, but must have slept through his alarm today.  He woke me as he was leaving for the office, so that started me off late.  I did get to the office about the usual time for me these days: between 10:30 and 11:00.

He was in the office almost all day.  He spent part of the day working in the warehouse, cleaning some things out that are of no use to us, such as old display racks for products that are no longer available.  Meanwhile I worked in my office on sorting papers and paying a couple of bills.  I shredded some records that were about 13 years old.  Seemed to be safe to get rid of them.

My phone brought several messages to me today and so I was checking it often.  Our youngest son loves Chick-fil-A (like his mother), and tomorrow a new one is opening near where he works.  He was off today so he decided to camp out there in order to receive a free meal each week for a year.  He had a nice set up with a tent and camp chair,  along with a few other comfort items and other than probably getting sunburned, he should be having an interesting day.  He was #24 in line.  They gift the first 100 and did not have that many show up this morning.

Our grandkids are back from their trip.  One has a birthday today and another at the end of the week.  I need to get some shopping done this week.  The shop was busy off and on all day.  It would be slow and then several customers would come and then get slow again.

At closing time I was busy and didn't notice the time.  It was 1/2 hour late before I left the office.  At home, I checked on bird feeders but they didn't need filling. Read a bit before fixing my supper.  Ron is working late.  

Talked to our son in New Mexico.  They got some rain and a lot of cloud cover from a hurricane (or tropical storm) in the Pacific or inland on the west coast of Mexico.  They are glad to have both the rain and the cloud cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment