Monday, January 9, 2017

January 9, 2017

Up Early on a Monday
January 9, 2017


This morning Ron was committed for a job about 15 miles away at 8:00.  That meant that I had to open the office.  On a Monday!  He has spoiled me and my average arrival time at work for the last 6 weeks has probably been about 11:30. 

The first couple of hours at the office were dead!  No activity.  So I did some cleaning.  I cleaned the glass doors and about 1/2 of the showroom windows.  It was a beautiful day outside and I enjoyed being out there even if it was to do cleaning.  Then things picked up and I stayed busy with customers most of the rest of the morning.  A couple of them were frequent customers and they wanted to chat.

Ron returned about noon and I had my lunch before he left on another job.  I failed to mention in the hustle and bustle of getting to the office early today, I discovered that the refrigerator was not working.  The refrigerator portion was totally off and the freezer was working fine.  Strange.  Needing to be at the office, I couldn't do anything about it at that time, so when Ron got to the office about noon he called the repairman and he was able to come out later in the afternoon.  When Ron got back from his second job I came home and waited for the repairman. 

The problem with the refrigerator turned out to be a "system error" due to all the brief power fluctuations recently.  The man checked with the factory and they told him what to do, which he passed on to me in case it happens again - unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in and it should "reboot" and work fine.  It is now working fine but tomorrow I probably need to throw out much that is in there. 

I spent much of the evening reading after fixing a supper that did not require refrigerated items.  I spent some time at the sewing machine.  Today I was able to get another dozen Christmas cards in the mail.  The end is in sight, but not sure if it will be done this week.

The weekend was relaxing.  In fact, I stayed in my PJs all day Saturday and I cannot remember the last time that I did that!  On Friday night we had freezing temperatures (which also doesn't happen often) and neither Ron nor I left the house all day.  I had brought in a lot of potted plants Friday morning and put them in the garage to protect them from the low temperatures.   It had been a couple of years since I had to bring in the plants and some had rooted to the ground and I couldn't get them pulled up to bring inside.
Saturday morning
 
Friday afternoon I left the office early and picked Mom and Carmen up to go get groceries.  After taking Carmen and the groceries back to Mom's house, Mom and I went out to supper.  Carmen's church has a service on Friday nights and she always goes there.  Mom and I had a good visit and Ron had come home after work and got right to bed.

At church Sunday I was not able to hear the service with my radio hookup.  I have a transistor radio set to the church frequency and a cable that goes from it to my Cochlear sound processor.  Normally I can hear well with it.  It was not working at the wedding I attended last week or on Sunday.  I need to talk to the staff and see if the problem is my radio or the sound system. 

I had gone shopping one evening last week and got a new tablecloth off a Christmas sale table.  It is one of the large ones - 120 inches long, and it was on sale for 70% off.  I had a $10 gift card earned with some Christmas shopping and in the end it only cost me about $3.  It is red and white and I will use it until Valentine's Day.  I really like it.  (See the photo at the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment